Military families face the constant possibility, or the realization, of separation from their loved ones due to deployment because of war. These families also must face the fact that the separation may not just be a temporary one, causing additional strains on families and greatly affecting their children.
Camp Yellow Ribbon provides a fun and educational outlet for children in military families from all service branches. The goal of this specialized camp is to help children learn to cope with the challenges of having a family member who is deployed or has returned from overseas.
Our objective is to create a memorable camp experience with an exciting week of outdoor fun and adventure while allowing campers the opportunity to gather and learn in a safe place. Children can vent their fears and frustrations and meet others who are experiencing similar challenges. Camp Yellow Ribbon also gives campers opportunities to learn, grow, and celebrate the military experience.
Camp Yellow Ribbon takes place August 13-17, 2012 at Indian Mound Scout Reservation in Oconomowoc. Check out our website for additional information: http://tinyurl.com/6ckmfhm
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Blarney Run/Walk returns to Hoyt Park March 14
- Science Café series to be held at Milwaukee Public Library
- Local Residents Participate in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Hoopla at the Library
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series