Military families face the constant possibility, or the realization, of separation from their loved ones due to deployment because of war. These families also must face the fact that the separation may not just be a temporary one, causing additional strains on families and greatly affecting their children.
Camp Yellow Ribbon provides a fun and educational outlet for children in military families from all service branches. The goal of this specialized camp is to help children learn to cope with the challenges of having a family member who is deployed or has returned from overseas.
Our objective is to create a memorable camp experience with an exciting week of outdoor fun and adventure while allowing campers the opportunity to gather and learn in a safe place. Children can vent their fears and frustrations and meet others who are experiencing similar challenges. Camp Yellow Ribbon also gives campers opportunities to learn, grow, and celebrate the military experience.
Camp Yellow Ribbon takes place August 13-17, 2012 at Indian Mound Scout Reservation in Oconomowoc. Check out our website for additional information: http://tinyurl.com/6ckmfhm
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids
- Charity car wash to raise money for Mental health
- Community leaders celebrate 40 years of MACC Fund
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- Wauwatosa West students, teacher recognized for Stock Market Game Challenge
- Wauwatosa West High School Students Win National Financial Competition Again!