Military families face the constant possibility, or the realization, of separation from their loved ones due to deployment because of war. These families also must face the fact that the separation may not just be a temporary one, causing additional strains on families and greatly affecting their children.
Camp Yellow Ribbon provides a fun and educational outlet for children in military families from all service branches. The goal of this specialized camp is to help children learn to cope with the challenges of having a family member who is deployed or has returned from overseas.
Our objective is to create a memorable camp experience with an exciting week of outdoor fun and adventure while allowing campers the opportunity to gather and learn in a safe place. Children can vent their fears and frustrations and meet others who are experiencing similar challenges. Camp Yellow Ribbon also gives campers opportunities to learn, grow, and celebrate the military experience.
Camp Yellow Ribbon takes place August 13-17, 2012 at Indian Mound Scout Reservation in Oconomowoc. Check out our website for additional information: http://tinyurl.com/6ckmfhm
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study