Military families face the constant possibility, or the realization, of separation from their loved ones due to deployment because of war. These families also must face the fact that the separation may not just be a temporary one, causing additional strains on families and greatly affecting their children.
Camp Yellow Ribbon provides a fun and educational outlet for children in military families from all service branches. The goal of this specialized camp is to help children learn to cope with the challenges of having a family member who is deployed or has returned from overseas.
Our objective is to create a memorable camp experience with an exciting week of outdoor fun and adventure while allowing campers the opportunity to gather and learn in a safe place. Children can vent their fears and frustrations and meet others who are experiencing similar challenges. Camp Yellow Ribbon also gives campers opportunities to learn, grow, and celebrate the military experience.
Camp Yellow Ribbon takes place August 13-17, 2012 at Indian Mound Scout Reservation in Oconomowoc. Check out our website for additional information: http://tinyurl.com/6ckmfhm
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Help Tarte make Sweet Dreams come true this season!
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Volunteer! It's the "nice" of life!
- The role of the church in HIV prevention
- Wauwatosa Health Department Flu Clinics
- Chicago Bus Trip Planned