The rover Curiosity is scheduled to land on Mars on August 5, 2012. If you would like to know more about the rover’s mission and what we have learned about Mars already, come hear all about it from someone who knows!
On Monday, July 30 at 1:00-2:30 p.m., the Elm Grove Public Library will present "Back to Mars: The newest Mars rover and its older cousins." Our guest speaker will be local resident Mike Wolff who is a Senior Research Scientist at the Space Science Institute and a member of the Mars Exploration Rovers and Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter teams. He will teach us about the Mars missions as well as showing us Mars from the rover’s perspective.
This free event is recommended for grades 5-8, but is open to all ages. Please sign up by July 28 at the Elm Grove Library by calling 262-782-6717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Financial Wellness Classes!
- Wauwatosa Night at the Milwaukee Bucks
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Kicks Off Click For Kids Online Toy Drive
- Wheaton Franciscan – Midwest Spine and Orthopedic Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus Emergency Department Receives 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Achieving 95th Percentile in Patient Experience
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation