Keith T. Oldham, M.D., professor and chief of pediatric surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been elected president of the American Pediatric Surgical Association (APSA).
Dr. Oldham was selected by his peers as president-elect in 2011, and took office as president at the APSA annual meeting in May 2012. During his one-year term, Dr. Oldham will work to support APSA’s missions to ensure optimal surgical care of patients their families, to promote excellence in the field, and to foster a vibrant and viable community of pediatric surgeons.
Dr. Oldham, who is the Marie Z. Uihlein Chair, is Surgeon-in-Chief, and Clinical Vice President of Surgery at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, received his medical degree from the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond, Va., in 1976. He completed his surgical residency at the University of Washington in Seattle, and did a fellowship in pediatric surgery at Children's Hospital Medical Center at the University of Cincinnati.
Dr. Oldham is a prolific researcher and clinician; he has authored more than 130 peer-reviewed articles and dozens of books, chapters and reviews. He belongs to 30 professional surgical and medical organizations, and has served in a variety of leadership roles in those organizations.
He will hold the office of president of APSA until May 2013, and will then serve one year as immediate past-president.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, due to exceptional success
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015
- ESPRIT POMS & DANCE TEAM Will Perform in DISNEY in 2016
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances