Froedtert Hospital is ranked in a total of 12 specialty areas in U.S. News & World Report’s 2012-13 “Best Hospitals” list, released July 17. Froedtert received national ranking in diabetes/endocrinology, gastroenterology, nephrology, and urology. This places Froedtert Hospital among the top 50 US hospitals in these areas. Additionally, Froedtert ranks as a regional high performer in eight specialties: cancer, cardiology and heart surgery; ear, nose and throat; geriatrics; gynecology; neurology and neurosurgery; orthopedics; and pulmonology.
Froedtert Hospital also ranked as one of the top two hospitals in Milwaukee and one of the top three hospitals in Wisconsin.
“It is an honor to be recognized again this year as a leader among leaders,” said Cathy Buck, Froedtert Hospital President. “This distinction would not be possible without an ongoing commitment to quality and service excellence that is shared by Medical College of Wisconsin physicians and the entire Froedtert Hospital staff.”
The national rankings, annually published by US News for more than 20 years, are widely considered the most authoritative hospital guide. Of the nearly 5,000 hospitals evaluated, only 150 performed well enough to rank nationally in at least one of 16 medical specialties.
“All of these hospitals are the kinds of medical centers that should be on your list when you need the best care,” said U.S. News Health Rankings Editor Avery Comarow.
The Best Hospitals rankings weigh a set of care-related factors such as patient safety, reputation, mortality rate, nursing and technology.
Froedtert Hospital is a 500-bed academic medical center staffed by faculty of the Medical College of Wisconsin. It serves as an eastern Wisconsin referral center for advanced medical practice care in 37 specialties and subspecialties. It is a major training and research facility with more than 1,000 medical, nursing and health technical students in training and participates in approximately 1,600 clinical trials and research studies each year. Froedtert, a member of Froedtert Health, operates the region’s only adult Level I Trauma Center. For more information, visit froedtert.com.
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016