Froedtert Hospital is ranked in a total of 12 specialty areas in U.S. News & World Report’s 2012-13 “Best Hospitals” list, released July 17. Froedtert received national ranking in diabetes/endocrinology, gastroenterology, nephrology, and urology. This places Froedtert Hospital among the top 50 US hospitals in these areas. Additionally, Froedtert ranks as a regional high performer in eight specialties: cancer, cardiology and heart surgery; ear, nose and throat; geriatrics; gynecology; neurology and neurosurgery; orthopedics; and pulmonology.
Froedtert Hospital also ranked as one of the top two hospitals in Milwaukee and one of the top three hospitals in Wisconsin.
“It is an honor to be recognized again this year as a leader among leaders,” said Cathy Buck, Froedtert Hospital President. “This distinction would not be possible without an ongoing commitment to quality and service excellence that is shared by Medical College of Wisconsin physicians and the entire Froedtert Hospital staff.”
The national rankings, annually published by US News for more than 20 years, are widely considered the most authoritative hospital guide. Of the nearly 5,000 hospitals evaluated, only 150 performed well enough to rank nationally in at least one of 16 medical specialties.
“All of these hospitals are the kinds of medical centers that should be on your list when you need the best care,” said U.S. News Health Rankings Editor Avery Comarow.
The Best Hospitals rankings weigh a set of care-related factors such as patient safety, reputation, mortality rate, nursing and technology.
Froedtert Hospital is a 500-bed academic medical center staffed by faculty of the Medical College of Wisconsin. It serves as an eastern Wisconsin referral center for advanced medical practice care in 37 specialties and subspecialties. It is a major training and research facility with more than 1,000 medical, nursing and health technical students in training and participates in approximately 1,600 clinical trials and research studies each year. Froedtert, a member of Froedtert Health, operates the region’s only adult Level I Trauma Center. For more information, visit froedtert.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Village of Pleasant Prairie Park & Ride Lot Named “Project of the Year” by the American Public Works Association