Interfaith Older Adult Programs, Inc. Receives Grant from AseraCare Home Health and Hospice $1,000 Grant to Provide Fans to Older Adults
Interfaith Older Adult Programs, Inc. Receives Grant from AseraCare Home Health and Hospice
$1,000 Grant to Provide Fans to Older Adults
Milwaukee, WI (July 18, 2012) Interfaith Older Adult Programs is pleased to announce that it has received a $1,000 grant from AseraCare Home Health and Hospice to be used to provide fans to older adults. Interfaith’s Neighborhood Outreach Program will select recipients for the fans from the frail elder list that is contacted each day during heat advisories.
“We are delighted that our organization was selected for this donation,” said Lisa Bittman, Executive Director of Interfaith Older Adult Programs. “We recognize that the health and well-being of our seniors is dependent upon support from generous community partners like AseraCare Home Health and Hospice.
The fans have already been ordered and will be delivered this week to those selected from Interfaith’s list. Nancy Chevremont and Karen Peskie, Executive Director of AseraCare Home Health and Hospice of West Allis, will present the check to Lisa Bittman on Friday, July 20 – 1:30pm Washington Park Senior Center, 4420 W. Vliet Street.
“Organizations like the Interfaith are pillars of the greater Milwaukee community,” said Karen Peskie, Executive Director of AseraCare Hospice of West Allis “AseraCare Home Health and Hospice is glad that we can support efforts that help people in need.”
The donation will be made as part of Golden Living’s Community Support Initiative grant program, which is funded through Golden LivingCenter – AseraCare’s parent company, Golden Living. The Community Support Initiative grants are charitable contributions given in support of worthy non-profit community or regional organizations.
About Interfaith Older Adult Programs: Since 1975, Interfaith has provided hundreds of services and opportunities for individuals age 50 and better including caregivers. Interfaith’s volunteers and professionals help those we serve stay safe, connected, independent and engaged in their communities.
CONTACT: Renee Jaeger, Public Relations Director
CENTRAL OFFICE – 600 W. VIRGINIA ST., SUITE 300, MILWAUKEE, WI 53204
414.291.7500 • FAX: 414.291.7510
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military