Friends of MADACC will host the first-ever Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC on Saturday, July 21 – and early registration closes July 18.
Register for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC at www.madaccwalkrun.org by July 18 to save $5 off the entry fee. Children 13 and under are free. Day of registration will be available, payable by cash or check only, but the commemorative Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC tech t-shirt availability or size is not guaranteed.
Participate in the competitive, professionally-timed 5K run (for people only) at 9:30 a.m. or the 1.5-mile walk (for people and their pets) at 10 a.m. Both the run and walk begin at McKinley Park on Milwaukee’s lakefront at 1750 N. Lincoln Memorial Dr. Following the run and walk will be Fido Fest, hosted by Central Bark Doggy Day Care, including pet-friendly vendors and many activities for dogs.
All paid registered runners and walkers will receive a goody bag. Medals will be awarded to the top male and female 5K finishers in each of twelve age groups. The top overall male and female 5K finishers will receive gift certificates from the Lowlands Group, owners of Cafe Hollander, Cafe Benelux, Cafe Centraal, and Trocadero. The first ten walkers to finish will receive a special prize for their dog.
To add to the fun and increase the benefit to the animals, you can also create your own fundraising page. Help increase the number of lives saved and second chances given – and earn prizes based on the level of fundraising you do. To learn more, visit www.active.com/donate/madaccwalkrun.
Proceeds from the event benefit Friends of MADACC, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the welfare of Milwaukee County’s homeless animals housed at the Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC). MADACC currently rescues and assures safe, temporary shelter, veterinary, and humane care for over 13,000 stray, unwanted, abandoned, mistreated, and injured animals each year — more than any other animal control shelter in Wisconsin. Funds raised by Friends of MADACC support facility improvements such as installing outdoor exercise kennels, educational programs like Battle Against Dogfighting (BAD), and spay/neuter surgeries to increase adoption placement of the animals at MADACC and help reduce Milwaukee County’s pet overpopulation program.
Sponsors of Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC include:
Platinum level – Amiable Dog Training; Elite Human Capital Group; Hales Corners Veterinary Clinic.
Gold level – Bird House Home Inspections; Milwaukee Emergency Center for Animals; Performance Running Outfitters.
Silver level – Bay View BARK; Bay View Pampered Pets; BehaviorWorks Dog Training & Behavior Specialists; Fresh Is Best; Ron Sonntag Public Relations; Think Pawsitive Dog Training.
Visit www.madaccwalkrun.org to register and stay up to date on all of the event details.
To learn more about Friends of MADACC, visit www.madaccfriends.org.
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016
- Summer Reading is Starting Soon
- MCW researchers find “color-correcting glasses” don’t live up to the hype
- YMCA OF GREATER WAUKESHA COUNTY PARTNERS WITH ELMBROOK SCHOOL DISTRICT ON BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM