Milwaukee Brewer Martin Maldonado Will Join Teammates, Mat Gamel and Cody Ransom At The MECA Vest A k-9 Fest! Wendy Strong TV Reporter From The Milwaukee Business Journal To MC!
Milwaukee WI, July 11, 2012 – At least, three Milwaukee Brewers will attend the inaugural “Vest A K-9 Fest” this Saturday, July 14th at Milwaukee Emergency Center For Animals.
Brewers current catcher Martin Maldonado just confirmed that he too, will be attending this special event to help MECA Wisconsin Police Canine Vest Foundation, Inc. raise awareness and crucial funds needed to help vest Wisconsin police dogs with bullet resistant and stab-proof vests and to assist the organization raise awareness of the need for police dogs and the k-9 equipment needed to protect and serve the public.
The Milwaukee Emergency Center for Animals (MECA) located at 3670 S. 108th Street in Greenfield Wisconsin will be hosting the event on Saturday, July 14th from 10am until 5pm. Wendy Strong, broadcast reporter for the Milwaukee Business Journal will be Master of Ceremonies.
Families are encouraged to attend as there will be plenty of things to do from watching police demonstrations and agility, to food, raffles, silent auction, music, a bounce house for kids and more!
Nationwide, more than 12 police dogs die each year while in the line of duty. Police dogs are important and valuable partners to our law enforcement and play vital roles in fighting crime in our communities by saving the lives of citizens, as well as their human police officers.
For more information you can log onto www.mecavestak9policedog.org or call 414-543-7387.
The MECA Wisconsin Police Canine Vest Foundation, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization working in conjunction with the Milwaukee Emergency Center for Animals and Specialty Services (MECA) to protect every police dog in the state of Wisconsin by providing them with bullet proof and stab proof vests.
# # #
For more information, or to schedule an interview, contact Debra Lopez Public Relations at 262-989-0604
or email Debra Lopez at DLopez7@sbcglobal.net.
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids