“Thriller at Miller” Pits Medical Students against Dental Students in Softball Fundraiser
Medical students from The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) will compete against dental students from the Marquette University School of Dentistry in a softball match for the sixth annual “Thriller at Miller” Saturday, July 14, at 3:15 P.M.
The game will take place at Helfaer Field, adjacent to Miller Park in Milwaukee, and is part of an all-day fundraiser for the Medical College’s Senior Mentor Program at VMP Manor Park, a senior living community on Milwaukee’s south side.
Other activities include a tailgate picnic, a seniors vs. students softball game, mascot games and contests, and a performance by Seniorgee, a local dance troupe composed of senior citizens. Festivities will commence at noon in the Helfaer Field area.
The festivities kick off at noon. Tickets for the Thriller at Miller events are $5 in advance, $10 at the door. For $20, you also get a ticket to see the Milwaukee Brewers take on the Pittsburgh Pirates later that evening.
Proceeds from the ticket sales benefit geriatrics education at MCW and elsewhere in the community.
For ticket information, email email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study