“Thriller at Miller” Pits Medical Students against Dental Students in Softball Fundraiser
Medical students from The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) will compete against dental students from the Marquette University School of Dentistry in a softball match for the sixth annual “Thriller at Miller” Saturday, July 14, at 3:15 P.M.
The game will take place at Helfaer Field, adjacent to Miller Park in Milwaukee, and is part of an all-day fundraiser for the Medical College’s Senior Mentor Program at VMP Manor Park, a senior living community on Milwaukee’s south side.
Other activities include a tailgate picnic, a seniors vs. students softball game, mascot games and contests, and a performance by Seniorgee, a local dance troupe composed of senior citizens. Festivities will commence at noon in the Helfaer Field area.
The festivities kick off at noon. Tickets for the Thriller at Miller events are $5 in advance, $10 at the door. For $20, you also get a ticket to see the Milwaukee Brewers take on the Pittsburgh Pirates later that evening.
Proceeds from the ticket sales benefit geriatrics education at MCW and elsewhere in the community.
For ticket information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military