Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Warren Carity, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of July 3, 2012
July 8 – Taylor Poehls
Programs and Events
July 3 – Committees.
July 4 – Independence Day parade
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: Once again, Dave Eppelsheimer started happy bucks, but he didn't mention the Brewers. Dave's happy buck was for a Grasch's gift basket, which is going to the Golf Outing. Ed Ellingson was happy that his daughter's family in Estes Park have so far escaped Colorado's fires. John Cable paid a buck to express his appreciation for Ed's jack-of-all-trades skills that were deployed while working on John's kit car. John Foley paid a buck and contributed to the Club in Dick Pietsch's name. Bob Reinhardt paid to announce the fundraising concert Thursday evening at Hart Park from 6 to 9 PM (see KareForKaylen.com for information). Ken Snyder, filling in the gap left by Dave Eppelsheimer, paid on for E4's winning run last Friday. One of our guests, Gerry Wagner of the Elm Grove Golden K, announced that the Golden K is entering at least a foursome in the Golf Outing, but he also announced that there will be no spelling bee this year. Our second guest was Rube Ziehlsdorf, former member of the Suburban Wauwatosa club.
Speaker: Dan Vrakas told us about happenings in Waukesha County. He pointed out that Waukesha County is the third largest county in Wisconsin, with a population of about 400,000, or about 8% of Wisconsin's population. On the other hand, Waukesha County accounts for 12% of the state's economic activity, has a AAA bond rating (one of only about 30 such county ratings in the nation), and subsidizes the rest of the state with the taxes it pays.
Parade: The Club is contributing a couple of nifty vehicles to the parade (keep your eyes open), and the Venturing Crew is marching.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers
- Corporate Chair Massage Program - It's Essential!
- Halloween Safety Tips
- Dr. Kiran K. Turaga named Sharon K. Wadina Endowed Professor in Sarcoma Research
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: October schedule
- Happy 10th Anniversary Hart Park Square!
- MCW announces Critical Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $250,000 to assess health impact of Eau Claire community planning
- Seniors can learn tips for downsizing in free presentation Oct. 6
- MCW awarded $2.7 million grant to advance the understanding and measurement of outcomes in children with chronic disease