The Flower Show – An Exhibition of Floral Artwork at Unitarian Universalist Church West in Brookfield, June 24th – July 29th
The Community Room Art Gallery at Unitarian Universalist Church West will soon be abloom with beautiful floral works of art. Pastel, watercolor and oil pieces from local artists Paul Madura, Suzanne Eli-Germaine, Chris Sommerfeldt, Elizabeth Minz, Betty Gotham, Steven Yeo and many others will be on display and available for purchase.
The Floral Show may be viewed from June 24th – July 29th, at the artists’ reception, on Sundays from 8:30 am to 11:00 am, or by arrangement. UUCW is located on the eastern edge of Brookfield at 13001 W. North Ave., minutes west of the North Avenue exit on Highway 45.
A reception for the artists will be held at the gallery on Tuesday, June 26th, 6:30 – 8:00 pm. The artists will be in attendance to answer any questions and refreshments will be served.
The Unitarian Universalist Church West Community Room Gallery champions local and non-local emerging and established artists, and strives to build community through the visual arts. The gallery also provides a space for exhibiting artwork that grapples with issues of diversity, tolerance, and social justice, plus art that celebrates the planet and the interdependent web of all existence. Unitarian Universalist Church West values diversity and works to create peace and fight oppression.
To arrange a time to view The Flower Show or for more information about the Community Room Gallery, contact the church office. Also see http://www.uucw.org/community/music-visual-arts
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Clips partners with American Red Cross
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast calls for new Girl Scout members and volunteers to join in the fun
- Predicting and preventing necrotizing enterocolitis
- Participation in Special Milk Program
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- Franchisee Opens Second Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Location in Wisconsin
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Volunteering for St. Camillus
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study