The Flower Show – An Exhibition of Floral Artwork at Unitarian Universalist Church West in Brookfield, June 24th – July 29th
The Community Room Art Gallery at Unitarian Universalist Church West will soon be abloom with beautiful floral works of art. Pastel, watercolor and oil pieces from local artists Paul Madura, Suzanne Eli-Germaine, Chris Sommerfeldt, Elizabeth Minz, Betty Gotham, Steven Yeo and many others will be on display and available for purchase.
The Floral Show may be viewed from June 24th – July 29th, at the artists’ reception, on Sundays from 8:30 am to 11:00 am, or by arrangement. UUCW is located on the eastern edge of Brookfield at 13001 W. North Ave., minutes west of the North Avenue exit on Highway 45.
A reception for the artists will be held at the gallery on Tuesday, June 26th, 6:30 – 8:00 pm. The artists will be in attendance to answer any questions and refreshments will be served.
The Unitarian Universalist Church West Community Room Gallery champions local and non-local emerging and established artists, and strives to build community through the visual arts. The gallery also provides a space for exhibiting artwork that grapples with issues of diversity, tolerance, and social justice, plus art that celebrates the planet and the interdependent web of all existence. Unitarian Universalist Church West values diversity and works to create peace and fight oppression.
To arrange a time to view The Flower Show or for more information about the Community Room Gallery, contact the church office. Also see http://www.uucw.org/community/music-visual-arts
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016