The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest announced at this past weekend’s board meeting that Tracey and Rick Klein were the Lung Association’s Volunteers of the Year for the Upper Midwest. The Kleins were recognized for their outstanding efforts as Wisconsin Oxygen Ball co-chairs, securing sponsorship revenue, table sales and additional volunteer recruitment. Their leadership has helped heighten awareness of the American Lung Association and the event itself, which is now considered one of the top galas in the Milwaukee area.
Tracey and Rick Klein began their relationship with the American Lung Association in 2011. Serving as Oxygen Ball co-chairs, they helped increase attendance to 480 guests and boost revenue by 28 percent. In 2012, they co-chaired again, with an exemplary effort in elevating the event and the funds raised. The 2012 Oxygen Ball was attended by 640 guests and grossed revenue in excess of $400,000. The Kleins have personally raised nearly $150,000 in revenue as Oxygen Ball co-chairs.
The Klein’s will help identify new co-chairs for the 2013 Oxygen Ball. Tracey Klein will continue to serve on the American Lung Association in Wisconsin Leadership Board and both Tracey and Rick will remain as members of the Oxygen Ball committee.
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest made the announcement with deep appreciation and acknowledgement of the important role committed volunteers play in furthering the work of the American Lung Association.
Photo Caption: Harold Wimmer, President and CEO, American
Lung Association of the Upper Midwest;
Tracey and Rick Klein; Penny Siewert, Chair,
Board of Directors
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers September 17 Panel Discussion on Creating an Outdoor Living Space
- Better breathing for sleep apnea patients
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Residents Perform At Sunset Playhouse
- On Course for a Cure: Golfers tee off for digestive disease research
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Largest Youth Football Scrimmage in the State?
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- Sarah Oberhofer Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 22