The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest announced at this past weekend’s board meeting that Tracey and Rick Klein were the Lung Association’s Volunteers of the Year for the Upper Midwest. The Kleins were recognized for their outstanding efforts as Wisconsin Oxygen Ball co-chairs, securing sponsorship revenue, table sales and additional volunteer recruitment. Their leadership has helped heighten awareness of the American Lung Association and the event itself, which is now considered one of the top galas in the Milwaukee area.
Tracey and Rick Klein began their relationship with the American Lung Association in 2011. Serving as Oxygen Ball co-chairs, they helped increase attendance to 480 guests and boost revenue by 28 percent. In 2012, they co-chaired again, with an exemplary effort in elevating the event and the funds raised. The 2012 Oxygen Ball was attended by 640 guests and grossed revenue in excess of $400,000. The Kleins have personally raised nearly $150,000 in revenue as Oxygen Ball co-chairs.
The Klein’s will help identify new co-chairs for the 2013 Oxygen Ball. Tracey Klein will continue to serve on the American Lung Association in Wisconsin Leadership Board and both Tracey and Rick will remain as members of the Oxygen Ball committee.
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest made the announcement with deep appreciation and acknowledgement of the important role committed volunteers play in furthering the work of the American Lung Association.
Photo Caption: Harold Wimmer, President and CEO, American
Lung Association of the Upper Midwest;
Tracey and Rick Klein; Penny Siewert, Chair,
Board of Directors
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Financial Wellness Classes!
- Wauwatosa Night at the Milwaukee Bucks
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Kicks Off Click For Kids Online Toy Drive
- Wheaton Franciscan – Midwest Spine and Orthopedic Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus Emergency Department Receives 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Achieving 95th Percentile in Patient Experience
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation