“Sneak peek” at science careers for undergraduates visiting the Medical College of Wisconsin
Nearly 40 undergraduate students from universities across the country will spend their summer vacation pursuing scientific research at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
The Medical College’s Summer Program for Undergraduate Research (SPUR) offers a summer internship experience for students considering careers in the biomedical sciences. The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences pairs each student with a faculty mentor to provide hands-on research opportunities.
Over the last 29 years, hundreds of students have participated in the SPUR program, most of whom have gone on to pursue careers in science in medicine. This year, 469 students applied for 36 spots at the Medical College.
The students’ experience is not limited to a campus project; the Medical College’s Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences partners with local businesses to showcase the Milwaukee area. Many of those businesses have provided discounts and free offers to help promote Milwaukee to visiting scholars. For more information, visit http://www.mcw.edu/graduateschool/programsSPUR.htm#.T9dvGcU5uSo.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $158,000 to combat sex trafficking among youth
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- COMEDY, COMEDY, AND MO’ COMEDY!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22