“Sneak peek” at science careers for undergraduates visiting the Medical College of Wisconsin
Nearly 40 undergraduate students from universities across the country will spend their summer vacation pursuing scientific research at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
The Medical College’s Summer Program for Undergraduate Research (SPUR) offers a summer internship experience for students considering careers in the biomedical sciences. The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences pairs each student with a faculty mentor to provide hands-on research opportunities.
Over the last 29 years, hundreds of students have participated in the SPUR program, most of whom have gone on to pursue careers in science in medicine. This year, 469 students applied for 36 spots at the Medical College.
The students’ experience is not limited to a campus project; the Medical College’s Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences partners with local businesses to showcase the Milwaukee area. Many of those businesses have provided discounts and free offers to help promote Milwaukee to visiting scholars. For more information, visit http://www.mcw.edu/graduateschool/programsSPUR.htm#.T9dvGcU5uSo.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB to Hold Free Fall Shredding Events
- Travel Around the World at the 71st Annual Holiday Folk Fair International
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center's Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- St. Robert School Annual Rummage Sale October 3 and 4
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- HMGC designated to run Undiagnosed Disease Network sequencing center
- New parking lot kicks off $1 million in WAUMC capital improvements