“Sneak peek” at science careers for undergraduates visiting the Medical College of Wisconsin
Nearly 40 undergraduate students from universities across the country will spend their summer vacation pursuing scientific research at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
The Medical College’s Summer Program for Undergraduate Research (SPUR) offers a summer internship experience for students considering careers in the biomedical sciences. The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences pairs each student with a faculty mentor to provide hands-on research opportunities.
Over the last 29 years, hundreds of students have participated in the SPUR program, most of whom have gone on to pursue careers in science in medicine. This year, 469 students applied for 36 spots at the Medical College.
The students’ experience is not limited to a campus project; the Medical College’s Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences partners with local businesses to showcase the Milwaukee area. Many of those businesses have provided discounts and free offers to help promote Milwaukee to visiting scholars. For more information, visit http://www.mcw.edu/graduateschool/programsSPUR.htm#.T9dvGcU5uSo.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study
- Advanced Ear, Nose, & Throat Specialists Named Small Business of the Year
- The Torah: A Workshop for Christians
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- Milwaukee Regional Medical Center's New VP of Finance
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2015 Officers and Directors
- Local Financial Advisor Hosts Dec. 16 Seminar on Investment Outlook for 2015