“Sneak peek” at science careers for undergraduates visiting the Medical College of Wisconsin
Nearly 40 undergraduate students from universities across the country will spend their summer vacation pursuing scientific research at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
The Medical College’s Summer Program for Undergraduate Research (SPUR) offers a summer internship experience for students considering careers in the biomedical sciences. The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences pairs each student with a faculty mentor to provide hands-on research opportunities.
Over the last 29 years, hundreds of students have participated in the SPUR program, most of whom have gone on to pursue careers in science in medicine. This year, 469 students applied for 36 spots at the Medical College.
The students’ experience is not limited to a campus project; the Medical College’s Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences partners with local businesses to showcase the Milwaukee area. Many of those businesses have provided discounts and free offers to help promote Milwaukee to visiting scholars. For more information, visit http://www.mcw.edu/graduateschool/programsSPUR.htm#.T9dvGcU5uSo.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- National Farmer's Market Week!!!
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Disney World
- Storytimes at Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt and Goodies
- Win at the Wisconsin State Fair with a #SnapdragonSelfie!
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show to Feature Clothing, Home Improvement Products
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show Scheduled
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night