Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin Car Seat Check and Bike Helmet event , Tuesday, June 26, 2012
It is important that everyone in a vehicle buckle up for every ride. But how do you know if you have the correct seat for your child? How do you really know if your car seat is correctly installed? Statistics show that more than 90 percent of car seats are not properly installed.
Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin Coalition, led by Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin will host a Car Seat Safety Check and Helmet Fitting Event. Certified car seat technicians will assist families to ensure children are riding safely. For more information go to http://safekidswi.org/SafeKidsWisconsin-SoutheastWisconsin.asp
4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesday, June 26, 2012
7211 West Mequon road, Mequon, WI
At the safety check, trained child passenger safety specialists will make certain seats are correctly installed and appropriate for the age and size of the child. A limited supply of low-cost car seats will be available for purchase. Child and car must be present. Appointments encouraged. To reserve your appointment call (414)765-9355. A limited supply of bike helmets will be available for purchase for $10. Children (and adults) must be present to be fitted.
“Nationally, nearly 1,700 children die and 230,000 are injured each year as motor vehicle passengers,” said Lisa Klindt Simpson, coordinator, Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin. “Some car seats need just a few minor modifications, such as tightening the seat in the vehicle or making the seat’s straps fit snugly on the child. However, other seats are too old or have been recalled and require replacement.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th