Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Warren Carity, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of June 19, 2012
June 24 – Rich Woods
June 19 – Jim & Katie Bojar, Scott & Traci Jensen
June 23 – Taylor & Lydia Poehls
Programs and Events
June 14 – Board of directors meet at Alioto's
June 19 – Preparation for the golf outing.
June 26 – Our speaker will be Dan Vrakas.
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: Happy bucks flowed in from Taylor for having four of our five scholarship recipients; from Rich Woods, also happy to see the scholars, but also happy about how impressive they are; from Bob Reinhardt, happy to hear a few treble voices singing America; from Eli, who told us what a pleasure it was to review scholarship applications; from John Cable, observing a year since knee replacement and melanoma treatment and also his opportunity to work in the Highlands; from Karen Oelerich, thanking Jennifer for painting her cottage's kitchen; and from Ed Ellingson, who was glad to see our guests, because Ed wasn't sure about how good his directions were.
Scholarships: The scholarship recipients who visited us were Mitchell Stingl, who received the Thomas E Steiner Memorial scholarship; Katie Adams, who received the Frank Poling memorial scholarship; Leslie Dess, who received the Richard Peeple memorial scholarship; and Kit McRoberts, who received the Warren Carity Key Club scholarship. The fifth recipient, who had a conflicting college interview, was Nicole Cucinello. They all had impressive resumes, with hours and hours of community service, sports, and civic activities.
Member news: We heard that Warren Breitlow is now living at Trinity Village, 7300 W. Dean Road. Dick Pietsch died on Monday. The notice was in this morning's newspaper. Visitation at Becker Ritter on North Avenue on Friday, June 15, from 4 to 7 PM and visitation also Saturday, June 16, at Brookfield Congregational United Church of Christ, (16350 W. Gebhart Rd.), from 10 AM until service at 11 AM.
Golf: June 27. Mike D'Amore needs more prizes for golfer goody-bags. Still plenty of time to sign up to be a hole sponsor.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park