Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Warren Carity, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of June 12, 2012
Programs and Events
June 12 – We'll meet the scholarship recipients and their families.
June 14 – Board of directors meet at Alioto's
June 19 – Preparation for the golf outing.
June 26 – Our speaker will be Dan Vrakas.
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: The most remarkable feature about this week's meeting was that we saw Karen Oelerich, Ann Tennyson, Barb Lauenstein, and Jennifer Wakefield, all on the same day! We also had Officer Braun as our guest and honoree, because we are losing him to a promotion. Doug also delivered good news, though: he talked his replacement into being Key Club advisor. Dave Eppelsheimer started happy bucks with one for the Brewers. Gary Knisbeck followed the sports theme with one for Donald Driver's class act. Larry Schneider paid one because his parents are moving to Tosa, and he thought he could recruit a member for the Club. Ken Snyder paid to show how happy he was about his daughter heading for state-level competition with the Mukwonago HS team. Rich Woods was really happy about his daughter's full time, gainful employment. Barb Lauenstein contributed a dollar to show how much she appreciated Doug Braun's efforts and his willingness to stay around and help with fund raising for a while. Jennifer Wakefield offered a prayerful dollar, asking for divine help for her nephew, who was hosting his daughter's end-of-school party.
Key Club: Barb Lauenstein said the WWHS Key Club had a very successful Relay for Life, raising about $10,000.
Crew: Bob Gross, recently returned from his business in Sweden and thoroughly jet-lagged, told us that the Crew was at the Zoo last weekend and heading to Bayjammer next.
Member news: Andy Barnes talked to Gary Krueger, who still isn't able to join us for lunch but is settling into his new home. Andy also relayed rumors that Warren Breitlow was sprung from the Lutheran Home.
Sad news: You may remember that Key Club District Lt. Gov. Julie Schweiss visited a couple weeks ago. Julie's father was killed in a traffic collision. Keep her and her family in your prayers.
Golf: Last but hardly least, the big event is just around the corner on June 27. We need golfers, hole sponsors, and prizes. Mike D'Amore reports that he needs about 60 more small-value ($5 - $10) prizes for golfer goody-bags. The hole sponsorship sign-up form is attached.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Village of Pleasant Prairie Park & Ride Lot Named “Project of the Year” by the American Public Works Association