United Way Volunteer Center in Waukesha County
1717 Paramount Drive, Waukesha
For Immediate Release**PRESS RELEASE ** PRESS RELEASE ** For Immediate Release
TO BE RELEASED: May 23rd, 2012
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Lori Hayes – Division Manager of the Volunteer Center
This information is prepared by the United Way Volunteer Center in Waukesha County, 1717 Paramount Drive, Waukesha (262) 547-8459 x114
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES IN WAUKESHA COUNTY:
Play Games with Kids at Summer Picnic, Waukesha Co. Dept. of Health and Human Services
Do you enjoy spending time with kids? Do you like summer games? Then we might have the perfect one-time opportunity for you! Volunteers are needed on Saturday, June 16, to assist with Waukesha County's Caregiver Recognition Event. Volunteers are needed to lead games and activities such as a relay race, ring toss, ladder ball, and more. Volunteers are needed from 10:45-1:00. Requirements: must be 16 years or older.
Movie Night June 8, Waukesha Parks, Recreation, and Forestry, Waukesha
WPRF sponsors a movie night in Cutler Park for the whole family. Volunteers are needed to make it a success. We would like 6-8 volunteers to assist with our movie night. The work would involve selling popcorn, water and working an information booth. The hours are June 8, 6:30 to 9pm. The job would require very little training. A staff person on site will give instructions to the volunteers.
Let's Go Fly a Kite, Salvation Army, Waukesha
Help children decorate and assemble kites during our Kids' Picnic celebrating the families that attend The Salvation Army's Snack Pack and Feed the Kids programs. We are also looking for volunteers to serve hot dogs and other refreshments! The picnic is at Mindiola Park, 325 Hoover Ave. Waukesha. June 12, 5:00-7:30 PM. Individuals must be at least 18 years of age.
Mission Delivery Internship! National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Hartland
The National MS Society-Wisconsin Chapter has an opportunity for an unpaid intern in the Mission Delivery Department. The intern will compile data, produce reports and assist with the planning and execution of programs and services offered by the Mission Delivery Department. Job functions include: identify and recruit community resources to enhance the Chapter’s current service provider database, assist in gathering data and conducting data analysis, and support various aspects of client programs and services. The applicant must have excellent writing, oral communication and phone skills. Strong organizational skills, as well as computer skills, are required. 8 hours per week minimum, 18 years of age.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve
- EveryBODY Plays! MCW to host adaptive sports and recreation expo
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- 25 Reasons Why Cotter Consulting Loves Milwaukee
- Imagine More Dinner to raise funds, awareness for neuroscience research
- Thankful for a tobacco-free Dad
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential