United Way Volunteer Center in Waukesha County
1717 Paramount Drive, Waukesha
For Immediate Release**PRESS RELEASE ** PRESS RELEASE ** For Immediate Release
TO BE RELEASED: May 23rd, 2012
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Lori Hayes – Division Manager of the Volunteer Center
This information is prepared by the United Way Volunteer Center in Waukesha County, 1717 Paramount Drive, Waukesha (262) 547-8459 x114
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES IN WAUKESHA COUNTY:
Play Games with Kids at Summer Picnic, Waukesha Co. Dept. of Health and Human Services
Do you enjoy spending time with kids? Do you like summer games? Then we might have the perfect one-time opportunity for you! Volunteers are needed on Saturday, June 16, to assist with Waukesha County's Caregiver Recognition Event. Volunteers are needed to lead games and activities such as a relay race, ring toss, ladder ball, and more. Volunteers are needed from 10:45-1:00. Requirements: must be 16 years or older.
Movie Night June 8, Waukesha Parks, Recreation, and Forestry, Waukesha
WPRF sponsors a movie night in Cutler Park for the whole family. Volunteers are needed to make it a success. We would like 6-8 volunteers to assist with our movie night. The work would involve selling popcorn, water and working an information booth. The hours are June 8, 6:30 to 9pm. The job would require very little training. A staff person on site will give instructions to the volunteers.
Let's Go Fly a Kite, Salvation Army, Waukesha
Help children decorate and assemble kites during our Kids' Picnic celebrating the families that attend The Salvation Army's Snack Pack and Feed the Kids programs. We are also looking for volunteers to serve hot dogs and other refreshments! The picnic is at Mindiola Park, 325 Hoover Ave. Waukesha. June 12, 5:00-7:30 PM. Individuals must be at least 18 years of age.
Mission Delivery Internship! National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Hartland
The National MS Society-Wisconsin Chapter has an opportunity for an unpaid intern in the Mission Delivery Department. The intern will compile data, produce reports and assist with the planning and execution of programs and services offered by the Mission Delivery Department. Job functions include: identify and recruit community resources to enhance the Chapter’s current service provider database, assist in gathering data and conducting data analysis, and support various aspects of client programs and services. The applicant must have excellent writing, oral communication and phone skills. Strong organizational skills, as well as computer skills, are required. 8 hours per week minimum, 18 years of age.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th