Six original one-act plays will be produced at Carte Blanche Studios, WAlker's Point, on Friday and Saturday, May 25 and 26, and June 1 and 2. The One Act Play Festival has been sponsored by Village Playhouse of Wauwatosa for 28 years.
Tom Zuehlke, who has been the Festival's producer since 1999, said, "The festival is intended to give playwrights a means to see their work move from the paper to the stage. Working together, a playwright, a director, a cast, and a crew develop and polish scripts for presentation to an audience. . . .To our knowledge, this project is unique in the state and certainly has no competitors for longevity."
Carte Blanche Studios is located at 1024 South 5th Street, Milwaukee. Performances begin at 7:30 p.m. Tickets may be reserved by calling (414-207-4879) or by email
Tickets may be reserved without payment by calling (414) 207-4VPW (4879) or by email: email@example.com.
Further information about each of the six plays, the playwrights, directors and cast members is available at the website: villageplayhouse.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Wauwatosa West Dance Team wins Regionals