Six original one-act plays will be produced at Carte Blanche Studios, WAlker's Point, on Friday and Saturday, May 25 and 26, and June 1 and 2. The One Act Play Festival has been sponsored by Village Playhouse of Wauwatosa for 28 years.
Tom Zuehlke, who has been the Festival's producer since 1999, said, "The festival is intended to give playwrights a means to see their work move from the paper to the stage. Working together, a playwright, a director, a cast, and a crew develop and polish scripts for presentation to an audience. . . .To our knowledge, this project is unique in the state and certainly has no competitors for longevity."
Carte Blanche Studios is located at 1024 South 5th Street, Milwaukee. Performances begin at 7:30 p.m. Tickets may be reserved by calling (414-207-4879) or by email
Tickets may be reserved without payment by calling (414) 207-4VPW (4879) or by email: email@example.com.
Further information about each of the six plays, the playwrights, directors and cast members is available at the website: villageplayhouse.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW researchers to study treatment reporting tools for breast cancer care
- Thanksgiving Day Worship Service
- Wordsworth Trust Curator to Speak at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Hart Park Fall Clean-up & Weed-out
- MCW enters new era of medical education
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests Ways to Ensure a Positive Remodeling Experience in 6 Steps
- Medical physicist named 2014 Educator of the Year
- Does breast milk affect necrotizing enterocolitis?
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room