Six original one-act plays will be produced at Carte Blanche Studios, WAlker's Point, on Friday and Saturday, May 25 and 26, and June 1 and 2. The One Act Play Festival has been sponsored by Village Playhouse of Wauwatosa for 28 years.
Tom Zuehlke, who has been the Festival's producer since 1999, said, "The festival is intended to give playwrights a means to see their work move from the paper to the stage. Working together, a playwright, a director, a cast, and a crew develop and polish scripts for presentation to an audience. . . .To our knowledge, this project is unique in the state and certainly has no competitors for longevity."
Carte Blanche Studios is located at 1024 South 5th Street, Milwaukee. Performances begin at 7:30 p.m. Tickets may be reserved by calling (414-207-4879) or by email
Tickets may be reserved without payment by calling (414) 207-4VPW (4879) or by email: email@example.com.
Further information about each of the six plays, the playwrights, directors and cast members is available at the website: villageplayhouse.org.
- Color Craze at the Wauwatosa Library
- Performer Steve Girman at the Wauwatosa Public Library
- Marquette student from Menomonee Falls "Plays it forward" in support of Youth Sports Camp
- Taiwan Excellence Comes to Summerfest
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin and Easter Seals Southeast Wisconsin Celebrate Project SEARCH Completion Ceremony for Adults With Disabilities
- Electricity Program at Wauwatosa Library
- Bessie Turns 100!
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Appliance Gallery Offers Decorating Tips to Compliment Appliances
- Pro Skateboarder to visit Tosa Skatepark