Six original one-act plays will be produced at Carte Blanche Studios, WAlker's Point, on Friday and Saturday, May 25 and 26, and June 1 and 2. The One Act Play Festival has been sponsored by Village Playhouse of Wauwatosa for 28 years.
Tom Zuehlke, who has been the Festival's producer since 1999, said, "The festival is intended to give playwrights a means to see their work move from the paper to the stage. Working together, a playwright, a director, a cast, and a crew develop and polish scripts for presentation to an audience. . . .To our knowledge, this project is unique in the state and certainly has no competitors for longevity."
Carte Blanche Studios is located at 1024 South 5th Street, Milwaukee. Performances begin at 7:30 p.m. Tickets may be reserved by calling (414-207-4879) or by email
Tickets may be reserved without payment by calling (414) 207-4VPW (4879) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information about each of the six plays, the playwrights, directors and cast members is available at the website: villageplayhouse.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Governor Recognizes Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Outsourcing Payroll and HR: The Payroll Company Advantage
- West Allis Central Class of 1979 Reunion
- BBB Tips for Summer Fair Purchases
- Lose Your Job? Your Blueprint to Recovery: Top 10 Things To Do NOW!
- Dental Associates Opens Downtown Clinic in Iron Block Building
- National Farmer's Market Week!!!
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Disney World
- Storytimes at Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt and Goodies