Six original one-act plays will be produced at Carte Blanche Studios, WAlker's Point, on Friday and Saturday, May 25 and 26, and June 1 and 2. The One Act Play Festival has been sponsored by Village Playhouse of Wauwatosa for 28 years.
Tom Zuehlke, who has been the Festival's producer since 1999, said, "The festival is intended to give playwrights a means to see their work move from the paper to the stage. Working together, a playwright, a director, a cast, and a crew develop and polish scripts for presentation to an audience. . . .To our knowledge, this project is unique in the state and certainly has no competitors for longevity."
Carte Blanche Studios is located at 1024 South 5th Street, Milwaukee. Performances begin at 7:30 p.m. Tickets may be reserved by calling (414-207-4879) or by email
Tickets may be reserved without payment by calling (414) 207-4VPW (4879) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information about each of the six plays, the playwrights, directors and cast members is available at the website: villageplayhouse.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder