Team's Focus and Defense Attributed to Win
Bigler Sports boys ‘select’ basketball won their first championship on Sunday May 6th, in East Troy, Wisconsin. What made this win even more incredible was that this was the first time the squad had played together as a team!
The 16 team tournament, sponsored by the North American Youth Sports(NAYS) Organization was held May 4th to May 6th at East Troy High School.
The Bigler ‘Select’ basketball team is comprised of ten middle school athletes from six different local communities: Hartland, Kettle Moraine, Sussex, Pewaukee, Germantown and Waukesha, and coached by Justin and Nathan Dwyer of Bigler Sports. The squad
won all four games they competed in, beating the CCHS Toppers (from the North Shore) in the first game, the JR Indians (from Illinois), Sherman Park Elite (from Milwaukee), and in the Championship game, Fitzsimmons Magic (from Milwaukee).
Bigler Sports basketball director Mickey Dwyer said, “We felt the boys prepared with focus before each game, played the best defense of all teams in the tournament, took care of the ball when pressured and made great decisions during each contest to maintain leads. I was very impressed and proud with both our team and our coaches, Justin and Nathan, in the squad's first games tournament together. I know they'll continue to improve each week over the next few months."
Bigler Sports ‘Select’ basketball team’s next tournament is the very competitive, NY2LA Invitational in Mequon at Homestead High School May 18th & 19th. Some of the best teams from the Midwest will compete during the weekend.
Bigler Sports features four sports divisions; Baseball, Basketball, Football and Girls’ Fastpitch softball. Bigler Baseball, the first division, was founded in 2006 with one very important and basic purpose: Help athletes of all ages achieve the highest level of performance they are capable of.
Bigler Sports’ camps, player clinics, coaches’ clinics and academies are ongoing throughout the year. They also feature Fall Ball baseball leagues. More information can be found online at biglersports.com, or on Facebook and Twitter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability