Team's Focus and Defense Attributed to Win
Bigler Sports boys ‘select’ basketball won their first championship on Sunday May 6th, in East Troy, Wisconsin. What made this win even more incredible was that this was the first time the squad had played together as a team!
The 16 team tournament, sponsored by the North American Youth Sports(NAYS) Organization was held May 4th to May 6th at East Troy High School.
The Bigler ‘Select’ basketball team is comprised of ten middle school athletes from six different local communities: Hartland, Kettle Moraine, Sussex, Pewaukee, Germantown and Waukesha, and coached by Justin and Nathan Dwyer of Bigler Sports. The squad
won all four games they competed in, beating the CCHS Toppers (from the North Shore) in the first game, the JR Indians (from Illinois), Sherman Park Elite (from Milwaukee), and in the Championship game, Fitzsimmons Magic (from Milwaukee).
Bigler Sports basketball director Mickey Dwyer said, “We felt the boys prepared with focus before each game, played the best defense of all teams in the tournament, took care of the ball when pressured and made great decisions during each contest to maintain leads. I was very impressed and proud with both our team and our coaches, Justin and Nathan, in the squad's first games tournament together. I know they'll continue to improve each week over the next few months."
Bigler Sports ‘Select’ basketball team’s next tournament is the very competitive, NY2LA Invitational in Mequon at Homestead High School May 18th & 19th. Some of the best teams from the Midwest will compete during the weekend.
Bigler Sports features four sports divisions; Baseball, Basketball, Football and Girls’ Fastpitch softball. Bigler Baseball, the first division, was founded in 2006 with one very important and basic purpose: Help athletes of all ages achieve the highest level of performance they are capable of.
Bigler Sports’ camps, player clinics, coaches’ clinics and academies are ongoing throughout the year. They also feature Fall Ball baseball leagues. More information can be found online at biglersports.com, or on Facebook and Twitter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- De-clutter your home and recycle your books!
- Tosa's All-City Read Welcomes You to First Week Activities
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- “Grillologists,” Lambeau Leap Inventor, and Local Experts on Food to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT FOR CIGARMKE'S FEBRUARY EVENT
- Mardi Gras Big Band Dinner Dance
- Milwaukee German Immersion School Students become JA BizTown Citizens
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- National Memorabilia Appraiser & Local Home & Gardening Experts to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7