Alexander L. Okun, M.D., has been appointed associate professor of pediatrics (special needs) at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Dr. Okun is board certified in general pediatrics, developmental-behavioral pediatrics and hospice and palliative medicine. His clinical interests include providing team-based multidisciplinary care for children with complex chronic conditions.
Prior to joining the Medical College, Dr. Okun was associate professor of clinical pediatrics at Children’s Hospital at Montefiore and the Albert Einstein School of Medicine at Yeshiva University in New York. He worked in the Bronx for 24 years, where he developed and led multidisciplinary hospital-based primary care practices for children with medical complexity. He taught over 300 pediatrics residents how to make house calls to their patients throughout the Bronx.
Dr. Okun earned his M.D. from the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University in 1983, and completed a residency in pediatrics at Babies Hospital and the Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in New York in 1986. He completed a fellowship in mental health research in primary care at the Bronx Municipal Hospital Center in 1990. Dr. Okun earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biophysics and biochemistry from Yale University in New Haven, Conn., in 1979.
For more than a decade, Dr. Okun has served as a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics’ sections on bioethics and home care, including membership on the section on home care’s executive committee since 2008.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How light therapy heals wounds
- Holiday Happenings on Vliet Street!!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- Local Businesses in Three Communities Band Together to Fight Hunger, Support New Berlin Food Pantry
- Our TreASures … Our Heart
- Cardiovascular and cancer researcher elected Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Mini Book Sale December 8th
- Parenting: Love and Logic