The newly revised Reflections of Wellness: 2012 Wellness Series-Healthy Eating is about to begin!!! Join local chefs as they demonstrate how to make tasty, nutritious dishes that are family friendly, appropriate when cooking for only one or two people and made with reasonably priced ingredients. Participants will be able to sample dishes prepared that day and will be given the recipes and instructions for preparing the food at home.
This series of 4 begins May 19th at Apostle Presbyterian Church, 1509 S. 76th Street with Chef Maria Rupena presenting "Fresh from the Garden."
September 12th will have Chef Monica Ceille at the Village at Manor Park presenting a "Fall Harvest."
"Healthy Holidays" will be the theme on November 10th at Tanner Paull Restaurant with Chef Charles Stawicki and the series will be concluded on February 21st with Chef Stacy Joers at the Aurora Women's Pavilion "Putting Your Heart into Your Health!"
Each session will feature different menu items to go along with the theme as well as several exhibitors relevant to the theme. Food demonstrations followed by tasting as well as a brief presentation on the topic are all included for $8 per session. Surprise giveaways will likely be included.
Don't miss out - plan to attend with a friend! Register easily online at Aurora.org/Events or simply call 414-328-7524. Hope to see you there!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Clips partners with American Red Cross
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast calls for new Girl Scout members and volunteers to join in the fun
- Predicting and preventing necrotizing enterocolitis
- Participation in Special Milk Program
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- Franchisee Opens Second Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Location in Wisconsin
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Volunteering for St. Camillus
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study