Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of April 24, 2012
April 24 – Karen Oelerich and Peter Brusky
April 28 – Jeff and Nancy Lins
Programs and Events
April 24 – Rob Ritter will tell us about his work with Medicins Sans Frontieres.
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: Dave Eppelsheimer paid a happy dollar to predict a Brewers' victory. Dick Bachman paid a dollar because he was happy about media coverage for the Flag Project, which has sponsors for 21 memorial flags so far. John Cable was happy for a trip to see his daughter in Central America, but you have to talk to John to get the rest of the story. Our Speaker was Senator Leah Vukmir, who told us about the goings-on in Madison during the protests.
Spelling Bee: Three representatives of the Elm Grove Golden K visited this week to promote the annual spelling bee, which supports the Waukesha Literacy Council and scholarships. Bob Cummisford, Bill Martens, Jerry Wegner, and Roger Johnson told us to start training for the August 2 event at the Country Springs Hotel.
Member news: Carl Smith and Warren Carity visited Gary Krueger. Both Warren and Gary welcome visitors. Warren Breitlow is at the Lutheran Home, which will parole him if he gets to the point that he can do stairs. You can visit Warren at the Lutheran home if you don't smuggle in any contraband.
Interclub: Tom Schultz reminded us of next week's visit to the Waukesha club at noon on Thursday, April 26, at the Easter Seals Building, 505 Northview Road, to observe the Waukesha club's ninetieth anniversary.
Post-prom: The post-prom party is back at Dave & Busters on May 19. Plan to sleep in the next day.
Golf: Bob Reinhardt has advertising flyers available. A flyer is attached to the e-mail version of this bulletin. The event will be June 27 at Broadlands. Sign up hole sponsors now, and track down those silent auction items.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids
- Charity car wash to raise money for Mental health
- Community leaders celebrate 40 years of MACC Fund
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- Wauwatosa West students, teacher recognized for Stock Market Game Challenge
- Wauwatosa West High School Students Win National Financial Competition Again!