Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin (formerly America’s Second Harvest of Wisconsin), a member of Feeding America, one of the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organizations, will again team up with the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc. and the association’s annual Spring Home Improvement Showcase...A Tour of Remodeled Homes, scheduled for Sat., May 19 – Sun., May 20, 2012.
Spring Showcase attendees can receive $2 off the regular admission price of $7 when they bring two non-perishable food items to the first Showcase location they visit.
More than 330,000 people in eastern Wisconsin rely on food supplied by Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin, the largest, private, nonprofit distributor of food in the state. Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin distributes over 15 million pounds of food annually to more than 1,000 food pantries, meal programs, and shelters throughout 36 counties in eastern Wisconsin.
Most needed food items include canned meat, beef stew, tuna, canned chili, peanut butter, canned and dried beans, canned fruit, vegetables, and soup, fruit juices, jelly, pasta, rice, instant potatoes, macaroni & cheese, cereal, pancake mix, oatmeal, cake mixes, canned milk, and instant pudding.
The Spring Home Improvement Showcase, sponsored by Eagle/Andersen Windows in conjunction with Weather-Tek Design Center and by Kohler Co. in conjunction with First Supply, is from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. both days. The Showcase allows attendees to visit 23 recently completed remodeling and home improvement projects from Milwaukee/NARI contractors at homes throughout southeastern Wisconsin. The project list is as follows:
• B & E General Contractors, Inc.: Kitchen/Great Room/Bathroom Addition, with Mudroom and Attached Two-Car Garage • 347 E. Carlisle Ave., Whitefish Bay
• Barenz Builders, Inc.: Kitchen, Mudroom, Powder Room, and Exterior Remodel • W148 N9924 Woodcrest Ct. (Tree Tops Subdivision), Germantown
• Bartelt The Remodeling Resource: Fire Restoration – Whole House Remodel • 13900 Marcella Ave., Elm Grove
• Bella Kitchen and Bath: Kitchen Remodel • 14825 Westover Rd., Elm Grove
• Bella Kitchen and Bath: Kitchen, Bathrooms, and Exterior Sun Porch Remodel • 7405 N. Beach Dr., Fox Point
• Burback Builders: Lower Level Remodel • W265 S8000 Somerset Ln., Mukwonago
• Champion Window & Patio Room Co.: Sunroom/Patio Room Addition • N69 W20603 Fairview Dr., Menomonee Falls
• Design Group Three, Inc.: Kitchen and Bathroom Remodel • 2959 South Shore Dr., South Milwaukee
• Design Tech Remodeling: Kitchen/Master Bathroom/Main Bathroom Remodel • 8963 N. King St., Bayside
• Design Tech Remodeling: Kitchen Remodel • 7236 N. Crossway Rd., Fox Point
• DG Remodeling, a division of David & Goliath Builders: Kitchen Remodel • 15355 Gebhardt Rd., Elm Grove
• Dimension Design, Build, Remodel, Inc.: Kitchen Addition1 • 7945 Wessex Dr., Brookfield
• J&J Contractors, LLC: Whole House Remodel • S75 W12582 Coventry Ln., Muskego
• JDJ Builders, Inc.: Indoor Pool Room Addition • S71 W17665 Lake Dr., Muskego
• Kitchens By Design, Inc.: Kitchen Remodel • 5019 N. Cumberland Blvd., Whitefish Bay
• Kowalske Kitchen & Bath: Kitchen Remodel • 2020 Kathlynn Ct., Brookfield
• Nehmey Construction, Inc.: Two-Story Addition • 1216 Edgewood Ave., South Milwaukee
• Owner Assisted Remodeling: Kitchen Remodel • 3660 Shadybrook Ln., Brookfield
• Quality Remodeling Specialists: Whole House Remodel • 810 S. 89th St., West Allis
• Refined Renovations: Kitchen Addition and Family Room Remodel • 1806 Mountain Ave., Wauwatosa
• S.J. Janis Company, Inc.: Kitchen and Bathroom Remodel • 2507 N. 70th St., Wauwatosa
• Wade Design & Construction, Inc.: Whole House Remodel • 3615 W. Chantilly Ct., Mequon
• Jim Wirtz’s Woodworks, Inc.: Kitchen Remodel • 831 N. 66th St., Wauwatosa
An added attraction for the 2012 Spring Showcase is an opportunity to win a bathroom makeover from the Kohler Co., which will include a Tresham toilet and 24-inch pedestal sink along with a Kelston widespread faucet and toilet tissue holder, a value of more than $1,000. Patrons that visit at least six of the project locations will be eligible to register to win the prize package.
Spring Home Improvement Showcase admission is $4 in advance, and $7 at the door of the projects. Starting Tues, May 1, through Fri., May 18, advance tickets can be purchased between
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council office, 11815 W. Dearbourn Ave. in Wauwatosa.
For more information on the Milwaukee/NARI Spring Home Improvement Showcase, visit www.milwaukeenari.org or call 414-771-4071.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- De-clutter your home and recycle your books!
- Tosa's All-City Read Welcomes You to First Week Activities
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- “Grillologists,” Lambeau Leap Inventor, and Local Experts on Food to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT FOR CIGARMKE'S FEBRUARY EVENT
- Mardi Gras Big Band Dinner Dance
- Milwaukee German Immersion School Students become JA BizTown Citizens
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- National Memorabilia Appraiser & Local Home & Gardening Experts to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7