Rehabilitation Specialist Sarah Eickmeyer joins Medical College faculty, Froedtert Hospital and Zablocki VA staff
Sarah Eickmeyer, M.D., has been appointed Assistant Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Medical College of Wisconsin. She sees patients at Froedtert Hospital and at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Dr. Eickmeyer is board eligible in physical medicine and rehabilitation, and her clinical interests include cancer rehabilitation, pelvic floor rehabilitation, electromyography (tests the electrical activity of nerves in muscle tissue to find blockages affecting numbness, tingling or pain), and recovery after neurologic diseases such as stroke. Her recent research examines clinical outcomes in patients with malignant brain tumors after receiving rehabilitation treatment. Her future research interests involve preventing functional decline related to cancer and its treatment.
Prior to joining the Medical College, Dr. Eickmeyer completed a residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago and Northwestern University.
Dr. Eickmeyer earned her M.D. from the Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University in Chicago in 2007. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Sciences from Marquette University in 2003.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Clips partners with American Red Cross
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast calls for new Girl Scout members and volunteers to join in the fun
- Predicting and preventing necrotizing enterocolitis
- Participation in Special Milk Program
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- Franchisee Opens Second Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Location in Wisconsin
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Volunteering for St. Camillus
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study