Rehabilitation Specialist Sarah Eickmeyer joins Medical College faculty, Froedtert Hospital and Zablocki VA staff
Sarah Eickmeyer, M.D., has been appointed Assistant Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Medical College of Wisconsin. She sees patients at Froedtert Hospital and at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Dr. Eickmeyer is board eligible in physical medicine and rehabilitation, and her clinical interests include cancer rehabilitation, pelvic floor rehabilitation, electromyography (tests the electrical activity of nerves in muscle tissue to find blockages affecting numbness, tingling or pain), and recovery after neurologic diseases such as stroke. Her recent research examines clinical outcomes in patients with malignant brain tumors after receiving rehabilitation treatment. Her future research interests involve preventing functional decline related to cancer and its treatment.
Prior to joining the Medical College, Dr. Eickmeyer completed a residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago and Northwestern University.
Dr. Eickmeyer earned her M.D. from the Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University in Chicago in 2007. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Sciences from Marquette University in 2003.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Rock For Locks Benefit / Morgan's Ride For Alopecia
- Soothe your soul in Door County, WI - Blissfull yoga retreat with Soul On Yoga
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business