Rehabilitation Specialist Sarah Eickmeyer joins Medical College faculty, Froedtert Hospital and Zablocki VA staff
Sarah Eickmeyer, M.D., has been appointed Assistant Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Medical College of Wisconsin. She sees patients at Froedtert Hospital and at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Dr. Eickmeyer is board eligible in physical medicine and rehabilitation, and her clinical interests include cancer rehabilitation, pelvic floor rehabilitation, electromyography (tests the electrical activity of nerves in muscle tissue to find blockages affecting numbness, tingling or pain), and recovery after neurologic diseases such as stroke. Her recent research examines clinical outcomes in patients with malignant brain tumors after receiving rehabilitation treatment. Her future research interests involve preventing functional decline related to cancer and its treatment.
Prior to joining the Medical College, Dr. Eickmeyer completed a residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago and Northwestern University.
Dr. Eickmeyer earned her M.D. from the Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University in Chicago in 2007. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Sciences from Marquette University in 2003.
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo