Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of April 10, 2012
April 15 – Mike and Pat D'Amore
Programs and Events
April 10 – Our program is still undetermined. Stay tuned.
April 12 – Meeting of board of directors.
April 17 – Leah Vukmir will update us on legislative developments.
April 24 – Rob Ritter will tell us about his work with Medicins Sans Frontieres.
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: The special event this week was a demonstration of West High's third place Rube Goldberg machine, presented by Coach Jerry Merz and team member Patrick Jensen. The machine showed how batman can save the world with 21 illogical but imaginative feats.
Quiz: President Taylor asked us to think about three questions: (a) What do Club members need to do? (b) What should members expect from the Club? (c) What is Kiwanis?
Member news: Warren Breitlow transferred to the Lutheran Home.
Interclub: We are planning to meet with the Waukesha club at noon on Thursday, April 26, at the Easter Seals Building, 505 Northview Road, to help celebrate the Waukesha club's ninetieth anniversary.
Golf: Kevin Dwyer is the team member coordinating the golf outing. The event will be June 27 at Broadlands. The price is $125 per person, or $25 just for the dinner. Right now we need hole sponsors (at $50 per hole) and silent auction items.
Scholarships: The scholarship committee announced its decisions after much hard work:
Thomas E. Steiner Memorial Scholarship – Mitchell Stingl
Frank Poling Memorial Key Club Scholarship – Katherine Adams
Richard Peeples Memorial Scholarship – Leslie Dess
Warren Carity Key Club Scholarship – Katherine McRoberts
Special $500 scholarship – Nicole Cuccinelo
Help wanted: WWHS is looking for volunteer judges for its 2012 Issue Fair on May 22 from 6 to 9 PM. Students have spent a year preparing a research paper about how to address a problem with public policy at any level of government. The project needs three judges for each student. Bob Gross can provide some additional information.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability