DSHA NAMES JANIE MCDONOUGH WIAA SCHOLAR ATHLETE:McDonough perfects her scores on the greens and in the classroom
Janie McDonough, a senior at Divine Savior Holy Angels High School (DSHA), has been named Divine Savior Holy Angels High School’s 2012 WIAA Scholar Athlete and will receive medals from the WIAA at the school’s awards ceremony at DSHA on Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 7 p.m.
Janie has a 4.0 GPA and participated on DSHA’s Golf team which went to the WIAA State tournament all four years. Freshman year she was named Second Team All-Conference, sophomore year she was named First Team All-Conference and Honorable Mention All-State, junior year she was named First Team All-Conference and Third Team All-State. This year, her senior year, she was awarded First Team All-Conference, Player of the Year in the Conference and Third Team All-State.
Each year, member high schools of the Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association are invited to nominate one boy and one girl for Scholar Athlete honors. The program, which is underwritten by Marshfield Clinic, was launched in 1984 to demonstrate the positive impact of interscholastic athletic activities.
To qualify for WIAA Scholar Athlete recognition, a nominee must have earned at least four varsity letters through the first half of her senior year and must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Divine Savior Holy Angels High School is a Catholic college preparatory high school that excels at preparing young women intellectually, spiritually and personally. Sponsored by the Sisters of the Divine Savior, DSHA continues to build on 119 years of tradition in academic excellence and commitment to single gender education and attracts over 650 students annually from all over Southeastern Wisconsin. To learn more about DSHA, log on to www.dsha.info.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Lutheran Home Foundation Monarch Ball Raises Record Amount
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- Rudyard Kipling comes to Milwaukee in advance of his 150th birthday!
- R.A. Smith National Given Green Light from FAA on Commercial Use of Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS)
- Concordia University Wisconsin Celebrates Homecoming
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- SHE KILLS MONSTERS comedy opens at UW-Waukesha
- Metro Milwaukee Home Remodeler S.J. Janis Hires Two Carpenters
- Concordia University Presents "Faces of Depression" Art Exhibit
- Consumers Name Foti Chiropractic “Top Choice” for Chiropractic Care