The International Institute of Wisconsin (IIW), an organization dedicated to the promotion of international cooperation, understanding, and a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural perspective, will host its annual World Citizen Celebration dinner on Sat., April 21.
The event will be held at the Women’s Club of Wisconsin, 813 E. Kilbourn Ave. in Milwaukee, with a reception and silent auction at 6:00 p.m., dinner at 7:30 p.m., and program at 9:00 p.m.
The 2012 World Citizen dinner will serve as the concluding event of the IIW’s celebration of its 75th anniversary, while saluting those that have played a leadership role in shaping the IIW and its commitment to the local and global communities.
Elizabeth (Libby) Burmaster, president of Nicolet Area Technical College in Rhinelander, will serve as the Mistress of Ceremonies for the evening. Burmaster served eight years as the Wisconsin State Superintendent of Public Instruction, from April 2001 – March 2009. Prior to that position, she worked for 25 years as a public school teacher and administrator at every level, including nine years as principal at Madison West High School. Burmaster received a Master of Science degree in Education Administration from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, as well as honorary doctorate degrees from Edgewood College and Beloit College.
The cost for the dinner is $95 per person, with $45 of the amount tax deductible per person, and event proceeds will be used to support IIW children’s workshops and the Education Day Cultural Program that is held at the annual Holiday Folk Fair International. For more information and/or to make a reservation, call 414-225-6220, ext. 103.
The IIW initiates, coordinates, and sponsors a variety of activities and programs appropriate to the fulfillment of its purpose, including immigration and social services, refugee resettlement, citizen diplomacy, and interpretation and translation. In addition, the IIW produces the annual Holiday Folk Fair International, with the 2012 event to be held Fri., Nov. 16 – Sun., Nov. 18 at the Wisconsin Exposition Center at State Fair Park. More information is available at www.iiwisconsin.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB to Hold Free Fall Shredding Events
- Travel Around the World at the 71st Annual Holiday Folk Fair International
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center's Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- St. Robert School Annual Rummage Sale October 3 and 4
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- HMGC designated to run Undiagnosed Disease Network sequencing center
- New parking lot kicks off $1 million in WAUMC capital improvements