Judy Lee Tarbox, of Waukesha, will appear in the role of Haversham, housemaid to Miss Maple, in the Village Playhouse of Wauwatosa production, “The Butler Did It,” opening on Friday, April 13.
The play, written by Tim Kelly, will be produced by Village Playhouse of Wauwatosa, in five performances: Friday and Saturday, April 13, 14, 20, and 21 at 7:30 p.m. and a matinee performance at 2:30 p.m. on April 14. All performances are at Christ King Church, 2604 N. Swan Boulevard, Wauwatosa, with the entrance on 91st St.
“The Butler Did It” is a spoof on detective mystery dramas like those of Agatha Christie, but with a decidedly American flavor. The setting is the drawing room of the Ravenswood Manor on Turkey Island, off the coast of San Francisco, where hostess “Miss Maple” invites six detective writers to portray their favorite fictional characters; these are parodies of famous literary detectives, such as Sam Spade, Sherlock Holmes, and Charlie Chan.
Then a real murder occurs and all the would-be sleuths pile up the laughs as they hunt out the killer.
"This is such a fun show!” Ms. Tarbox exclaimed. She especially enjoys seeing all the other actors “developing characters that are completely different from their own personalities. We have a lot of fun experimenting with mannerisms, accents, and props and we expect the audiences will have as much fun as we do.”
In addition to Ms. Tarbox as Haversham, other cast members include: Victoria Heckman – Miss Maple, Paul Weir - Detective Chandler Marlowe, Pamela Stein - Rita Eyelesbarrow, Art Carter – Father White, Robyn Beckley – Laura Carlyle, Tom Wessell – Rick Carlyle, Jaime Jastrab – Peter Flimsey, Sam Shelby – Charity Haze, and Josh Klingman – Louis Fan. Director of the play is Laura LaPinske.
Tickets for all performances are $15 – adults, $13 – students and seniors. For groups of 10 or more, tickets are $12 each, if reserved in advance.
For other information about the play or Village Playhouse of Wauwatosa, visit the website: www.villageplayhouse.org. To order tickets, please call Bob at 414-207-4879 or email email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $158,000 to combat sex trafficking among youth
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- COMEDY, COMEDY, AND MO’ COMEDY!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22