The St. Mary's Visitation Quiz Team recently wrapped up a great season by hosting the Gladiator Open 2012 Tournament at SMV on March 31. Twelve teams from four schools (three from Illinois) competed in the event, and in individual competition, Will Puchner and James Kearney placed in the top 10, while Aidan Parks and Nicky Ragonese placed 17 and 18. The team recently traveled to Barrington, IL to compete in the Barrington Invitational Tournament. St. Mary's fielded three teams, which combined for 21 wins against just 6 losses for the day. Will Puchner, James Kearney, and Dominic Mussatto won medals for outstanding individual performances.
"We get some of the best teams in the Midwest to come to our tournaments," said Michael Falk, coach and SMV math teacher. " These kids were tenacious against some very stiff competition, and we had some incredible individual and team performances."
Quiz Bowl is a team game played at all levels from junior high through college. Teams of four or five players compete, buzzing in to answer questions about history, geography, science, literature, math, music, art, movies, television, sports, and general knowledge. St. Mary's Visitation's team formed in November 2010 and has participated in eight tournaments since March 2011. The team is also coached by SMV junior high social studies teacher Burke Seeberg and elementary teacher Kylie Daemmrich.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Clips partners with American Red Cross
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast calls for new Girl Scout members and volunteers to join in the fun
- Predicting and preventing necrotizing enterocolitis
- Participation in Special Milk Program
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- Franchisee Opens Second Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Location in Wisconsin
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Volunteering for St. Camillus
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study