Two St. Mary's Visitation eighth graders, Molly Carrig and Frankie Ragonese, were selected to present their research paper at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Explorer School's Student Symposium in Houston this May. The girls conducted an investigation that focused on how to protect delicate instruments that are dropped onto different planets and presented it virtually to a panel of NASA personnel. They will travel with SMV junior high science teacher Mrs. Kathy Biernat to present their investigation findings to NASA personnel and other students attending the event. Thirty schools, each with one team, were invited to the symposium. This two-day event will feature an astronaut presentation, facility tours, student activities and a career awareness panel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Alicia, My Story
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- MCW researchers to study medication to treat traumatic brain injury
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council