Two St. Mary's Visitation eighth graders, Molly Carrig and Frankie Ragonese, were selected to present their research paper at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Explorer School's Student Symposium in Houston this May. The girls conducted an investigation that focused on how to protect delicate instruments that are dropped onto different planets and presented it virtually to a panel of NASA personnel. They will travel with SMV junior high science teacher Mrs. Kathy Biernat to present their investigation findings to NASA personnel and other students attending the event. Thirty schools, each with one team, were invited to the symposium. This two-day event will feature an astronaut presentation, facility tours, student activities and a career awareness panel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- "WEIRD ANIMALS" Come to Vacation Bible School
- Milwaukee/NARI Shares Tips For Outdoor Living Spaces
- Kathy's House Classic Golf Outing Planned
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Researchers to explore new treatments for pancreatic cancer
- Milwaukee’s Archbishop Conducts Mass at Harwood Place
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1
- Boatshed Lake Michigan Sponsors SUPA athletes support boat to cross Lake Michigan