Two St. Mary's Visitation eighth graders, Molly Carrig and Frankie Ragonese, were selected to present their research paper at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Explorer School's Student Symposium in Houston this May. The girls conducted an investigation that focused on how to protect delicate instruments that are dropped onto different planets and presented it virtually to a panel of NASA personnel. They will travel with SMV junior high science teacher Mrs. Kathy Biernat to present their investigation findings to NASA personnel and other students attending the event. Thirty schools, each with one team, were invited to the symposium. This two-day event will feature an astronaut presentation, facility tours, student activities and a career awareness panel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- St. Margaret Mary School to Donate 13,200 Pounds of Food
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event
- YOUNG WAUWATOSA RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Honors Barry Mandel With the “Building Milwaukee” Award
- Local Businesses Collect, Deliver More than 4,000 Pounds of Food to New Berlin Food Pantry
- TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN BUYING A HOME