The Parenting Network announces the next session of Welcome, Baby!, an education and support program for expectant parents and parents of infants under one year of age. Welcome, Baby! is a free, ten-week program led by professionally trained facilitators and features guest speakers such as a labor and delivery nurse and an infant massage therapist.
“Welcome, Baby! is a happy blend of information, discussion and play,” said Jeannie E. Berry-Matos, Project Coordinator. “Parents are encouraged to ask questions and share their own experiences with the group.”
The Welcome, Baby! program includes information on safe sleep practices, child development and self-care for parents. Participants connect with other new parents and build knowledge and skills that will serve them throughout their baby’s childhood.
“Pregnancy and the first year of parenthood are joyful times, but a new baby can also bring upheaval and uncertainty,” said Jan Buchler, Executive Director of The Parenting Network, “Welcome, Baby! emphasizes parenting skills that enhance brain development, and parents become more confident about being a parent. We also want new parents to develop healthy self-care habits such as reaching out to others when they need help.”
Welcome, Baby! is offered on Wednesdays from 9:30-11:00 a.m. beginning April 18, 2012 and continuing through June 20, 2012. Moms, dads and grandparents are invited to attend. The group will be held at The Parenting Network, 7516 West Burleigh Street, Milwaukee. A light breakfast is included for participants.
To register for Welcome, Baby!, call the Parent Helpline at 414/671-0566. Welcome, Baby! is funded through the Greater Milwaukee Foundation and the Jewish Women’s Endowment Fund. For more information about The Parenting Network, please visit theparentingnetwork.org.
# # #
Since 1977, The Parenting Network has served families throughout the greater Milwaukee community through its mission to strengthen parenting and to prevent child abuse. Services are provided:
• In Homes – home visiting and case management services for families in need
• In Schools – healthy relationship education to prevent sexual violence and teen pregnancy; parenting education for expectant and parenting teens
• In the Community – confidential Parent Helpline and a wide variety of parenting education and support classes and groups developed for specific parenting populations at sites throughout Milwaukee County
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- MCW researchers to study medication to treat traumatic brain injury
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- Recycle Your Clothes for Earth Day!
- Wauwatosa Drop-Off Center Dumps Annual Permit
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC to be Held May 30
- Use of stent, compared to medications, increases risk of stroke in patients with narrowed artery within the brain
- New! LIFT Field Hockey!