With more than 500 participants annually, you won't want to miss Gary's Gallop in 2012. This great community race, named after Wisconsin Lutheran College's late president, Dr. Gary Greenfield, includes a 5k run, 2-mile walk, and a kids' race on Saturday, April 14. The run/walk begins at 9:30 a.m. at college's outdoor athletic complex located just west of Hwy. 45 at Watertown Plank Road.
Participants will receive a long-sleeve T-shirt, food and beverages, a tour of WLC's new outdoor athletic center building, in addition to awards for the top finishers. New in 2012, the race will be chip timed on a certified course. The cost to participate is $20 by April 12 or $25 on race day.
A kids' race, which starts at 10:30 a.m., makes this event one for the whole family. As an added convenience, a free supervised kids corner is available during the 5k run and 2-mile walk. Additionally, strollers and pets are welcome.
Proceeds from the race benefit Wisconsin Lutheran College’s athletic booster club, the Warrior Club. Learn more and register online at wlc.edu/garysgallop.
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids