With more than 500 participants annually, you won't want to miss Gary's Gallop in 2012. This great community race, named after Wisconsin Lutheran College's late president, Dr. Gary Greenfield, includes a 5k run, 2-mile walk, and a kids' race on Saturday, April 14. The run/walk begins at 9:30 a.m. at college's outdoor athletic complex located just west of Hwy. 45 at Watertown Plank Road.
Participants will receive a long-sleeve T-shirt, food and beverages, a tour of WLC's new outdoor athletic center building, in addition to awards for the top finishers. New in 2012, the race will be chip timed on a certified course. The cost to participate is $20 by April 12 or $25 on race day.
A kids' race, which starts at 10:30 a.m., makes this event one for the whole family. As an added convenience, a free supervised kids corner is available during the 5k run and 2-mile walk. Additionally, strollers and pets are welcome.
Proceeds from the race benefit Wisconsin Lutheran College’s athletic booster club, the Warrior Club. Learn more and register online at wlc.edu/garysgallop.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder