With more than 500 participants annually, you won't want to miss Gary's Gallop in 2012. This great community race, named after Wisconsin Lutheran College's late president, Dr. Gary Greenfield, includes a 5k run, 2-mile walk, and a kids' race on Saturday, April 14. The run/walk begins at 9:30 a.m. at college's outdoor athletic complex located just west of Hwy. 45 at Watertown Plank Road.
Participants will receive a long-sleeve T-shirt, food and beverages, a tour of WLC's new outdoor athletic center building, in addition to awards for the top finishers. New in 2012, the race will be chip timed on a certified course. The cost to participate is $20 by April 12 or $25 on race day.
A kids' race, which starts at 10:30 a.m., makes this event one for the whole family. As an added convenience, a free supervised kids corner is available during the 5k run and 2-mile walk. Additionally, strollers and pets are welcome.
Proceeds from the race benefit Wisconsin Lutheran College’s athletic booster club, the Warrior Club. Learn more and register online at wlc.edu/garysgallop.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- Family medicine specialist David Goldstein joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty
- Corporate Technology Solutions Hires Germino
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist Julian De Lia joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin staff
- Make Father’s Day Smoke-Free (An Uphill Battle)
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Classes Offered at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Mequon Mother and Daughter Duo to Appear in One Act Play Festival
- Bobby Way Trio to perform at free Summer Concert series