Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes;
Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of March 13, 2012
Programs and Events
March 8 – Directors' meeting, noon at Aliota's
March 13 – The speaker will be Jim Price, editor of the Wauwatosa Patch
March 16 – Bob Schmidt
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: It must be spring. Dave Eppelsheimer started happy dollars with one for Ricky Weeks and his bat. Eli Potkonjak followed with a penitential dollar for his language Sunday morning.
Pancakes: Ken Snyder reported 632 tickets sold, with final results not yet in. We made about $300 on the games and raffle. Ken scheduled the next breakfast for the first Sunday in March 2013. Turn ticket money in to Eli so he can give the final figures to Ken.
Member news: Gary Krueger is out of the hospital and is back with Roberta. Warren Breitlow had a scare and was taken to the hospital from the WAC (a good place to pass out), but had recovered enough to send his nephew to take his place at the ticket table Sunday morning. Warren Carity is still recovering from bronchitis and is having some tests.
New Club shirts: Ed Ellingson delivered our new upscale shirts at the meeting. Talk to Ed if you missed it.
Interclub: Tom Schultz suggested an interclub with North Shore next week, March 14, noon, at Hubbard Park. The speaker is Larry Hisle. There is also a possibility for an interclub with West Bend for their Germanfeβt on March 27.
Scouts: Bob Gross reported that our sponsored groups received Troop of the Year and Crew of the Year awards. It's great to bask in the reflected glory.
Upcoming programs: For March 20 Tom Schultz has arranged a program about Road America, sports cars, and raising money for charity. Should be fun.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers
- Corporate Chair Massage Program - It's Essential!
- Halloween Safety Tips
- Dr. Kiran K. Turaga named Sharon K. Wadina Endowed Professor in Sarcoma Research
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: October schedule
- Happy 10th Anniversary Hart Park Square!
- MCW announces Critical Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $250,000 to assess health impact of Eau Claire community planning
- Seniors can learn tips for downsizing in free presentation Oct. 6
- MCW awarded $2.7 million grant to advance the understanding and measurement of outcomes in children with chronic disease