Pediatric Oncologist Rowena Punzalan joins Medical College faculty, Children’s Hospital staff
Rowena Punzalan, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pediatrics (hematology/oncology) at the Medical College of Wisconsin. She sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board certified in pediatric hematology/ oncology and blood banking transfusion medicine, Dr. Punzalan’s clinical interests include thrombosis in children, bleeding disorders, and immune cytopenia (a deficiency in healthy blood cells due to an immune system reaction or to some medicines like heparin).
In addition to this appointment, Dr. Punzalan continues her work as a medical director at the BloodCenter of Wisconsin. From 2005 to 2011, she was an assistant clinical professor in the departments of pediatrics and pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
After earning her M.D. from the University of the Philippines College of Medicine in Manila, Philippines, in 1991, Dr. Punzalan completed a residency in pediatrics through the Medical College of Wisconsin in 1996. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in basic medical sciences from the University of the Philippines in 1988.
Dr. Punzalan completed fellowships in pediatric hematology/oncology, in 1999, and in transfusion medicine, in 2004, at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th