Pediatric Oncologist Rowena Punzalan joins Medical College faculty, Children’s Hospital staff
Rowena Punzalan, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pediatrics (hematology/oncology) at the Medical College of Wisconsin. She sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board certified in pediatric hematology/ oncology and blood banking transfusion medicine, Dr. Punzalan’s clinical interests include thrombosis in children, bleeding disorders, and immune cytopenia (a deficiency in healthy blood cells due to an immune system reaction or to some medicines like heparin).
In addition to this appointment, Dr. Punzalan continues her work as a medical director at the BloodCenter of Wisconsin. From 2005 to 2011, she was an assistant clinical professor in the departments of pediatrics and pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
After earning her M.D. from the University of the Philippines College of Medicine in Manila, Philippines, in 1991, Dr. Punzalan completed a residency in pediatrics through the Medical College of Wisconsin in 1996. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in basic medical sciences from the University of the Philippines in 1988.
Dr. Punzalan completed fellowships in pediatric hematology/oncology, in 1999, and in transfusion medicine, in 2004, at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chicago Bus Trip Planned
- Early detection of Alzheimer’s disease
- CigarMKE Event on Nov. 8
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Wauwatosa Actor in Acacia Theatre’s Humorous “Fish Eyes"
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- MCW researcher to develop methods to optimize virtual tools for nasal surgery
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Massachusetts Book Artist To Speak at UWM Oct. 21