The public is invited to the Milwaukee VA to see artwork and talent on display for the first step in the National Veterans Creative Arts Competition.
The events take place throughout the day Monday at the Milwaukee VA, 5000 W. National Avenue.
First-place winners from the local competition get the chance to go forward to the national event in June at the Boston VA Medical Center.
Works of art will be on display from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Matousek Auditorium.
Judging takes place earlier in the day. There are usually 50 to 60 veteran entries in categories such as fine art drawing, photography, sculpture, woodwork, metalwork, jewelry and leather.
Talent performers will be divided into two events – 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. – in Room 3435 Recreation Hall. Performers include instrumentalists, bands, soloists, singers and those competing in monologues, poetry and other categories.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Clips partners with American Red Cross
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast calls for new Girl Scout members and volunteers to join in the fun
- Predicting and preventing necrotizing enterocolitis
- Participation in Special Milk Program
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- Franchisee Opens Second Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Location in Wisconsin
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Volunteering for St. Camillus
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study