The public is invited to the Milwaukee VA to see artwork and talent on display for the first step in the National Veterans Creative Arts Competition.
The events take place throughout the day Monday at the Milwaukee VA, 5000 W. National Avenue.
First-place winners from the local competition get the chance to go forward to the national event in June at the Boston VA Medical Center.
Works of art will be on display from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Matousek Auditorium.
Judging takes place earlier in the day. There are usually 50 to 60 veteran entries in categories such as fine art drawing, photography, sculpture, woodwork, metalwork, jewelry and leather.
Talent performers will be divided into two events – 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. – in Room 3435 Recreation Hall. Performers include instrumentalists, bands, soloists, singers and those competing in monologues, poetry and other categories.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" – Saturday, April 26, 2014
- Children's Audition Notice for Milwaukee Rep's 2014/15 production THE COLOR PURPLE
- Stuff the Truck for Independence
- Spring Concert "Stars" featuring Julia Simpson
- Cudahy Home to be on Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- Three Wauwatosa Homes to be Part of Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- United for Libraries to present Public Service Award to Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.)
- MCW to Host Diabetes Symposium
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event