The public is invited to the Milwaukee VA to see artwork and talent on display for the first step in the National Veterans Creative Arts Competition.
The events take place throughout the day Monday at the Milwaukee VA, 5000 W. National Avenue.
First-place winners from the local competition get the chance to go forward to the national event in June at the Boston VA Medical Center.
Works of art will be on display from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Matousek Auditorium.
Judging takes place earlier in the day. There are usually 50 to 60 veteran entries in categories such as fine art drawing, photography, sculpture, woodwork, metalwork, jewelry and leather.
Talent performers will be divided into two events – 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. – in Room 3435 Recreation Hall. Performers include instrumentalists, bands, soloists, singers and those competing in monologues, poetry and other categories.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study
- Advanced Ear, Nose, & Throat Specialists Named Small Business of the Year
- The Torah: A Workshop for Christians
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- Milwaukee Regional Medical Center's New VP of Finance
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2015 Officers and Directors
- Local Financial Advisor Hosts Dec. 16 Seminar on Investment Outlook for 2015