Children in grade K4 through grade 5, from all Wauwatosa public and private grade schools, are eligible to enter the Wauwatosa Historical Society’s Annual Student Art Contest.
The contest promotes an appreciation for the city’s unique buildings. Children can choose from a list of historic buildings to draw, paint or otherwise represent.
The society is working with art departments in the city’s schools. Parents of children who are interested in entering but hadn’t previously heard about the contest should ask the art teacher for the list of historic buildings, contest deadlines and other information.
Art teachers and parents can learn about the contest by calling the historical society at (414) 774-8672 or by visiting www.wauwatosahistoricalsociety.org/studentartcontest.html.
Two winning entries per grade receive awards. Winning artwork art will be displayed in May at the Little Red Store.
Contact: Janel Ruzicka, 414-774-8672, email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW researchers to study treatment reporting tools for breast cancer care
- Thanksgiving Day Worship Service
- Wordsworth Trust Curator to Speak at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Hart Park Fall Clean-up & Weed-out
- MCW enters new era of medical education
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests Ways to Ensure a Positive Remodeling Experience in 6 Steps
- Medical physicist named 2014 Educator of the Year
- Does breast milk affect necrotizing enterocolitis?
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room