Children in grade K4 through grade 5, from all Wauwatosa public and private grade schools, are eligible to enter the Wauwatosa Historical Society’s Annual Student Art Contest.
The contest promotes an appreciation for the city’s unique buildings. Children can choose from a list of historic buildings to draw, paint or otherwise represent.
The society is working with art departments in the city’s schools. Parents of children who are interested in entering but hadn’t previously heard about the contest should ask the art teacher for the list of historic buildings, contest deadlines and other information.
Art teachers and parents can learn about the contest by calling the historical society at (414) 774-8672 or by visiting www.wauwatosahistoricalsociety.org/studentartcontest.html.
Two winning entries per grade receive awards. Winning artwork art will be displayed in May at the Little Red Store.
Contact: Janel Ruzicka, 414-774-8672, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $158,000 to combat sex trafficking among youth
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- COMEDY, COMEDY, AND MO’ COMEDY!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22