Children in grade K4 through grade 5, from all Wauwatosa public and private grade schools, are eligible to enter the Wauwatosa Historical Society’s Annual Student Art Contest.
The contest promotes an appreciation for the city’s unique buildings. Children can choose from a list of historic buildings to draw, paint or otherwise represent.
The society is working with art departments in the city’s schools. Parents of children who are interested in entering but hadn’t previously heard about the contest should ask the art teacher for the list of historic buildings, contest deadlines and other information.
Art teachers and parents can learn about the contest by calling the historical society at (414) 774-8672 or by visiting www.wauwatosahistoricalsociety.org/studentartcontest.html.
Two winning entries per grade receive awards. Winning artwork art will be displayed in May at the Little Red Store.
Contact: Janel Ruzicka, 414-774-8672, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Save Our Neighborhoods
- Froedtert Hospital Foundation Names Board Chair
- Work At Home Scam Targets College Students
- January is Radon Action Month--Know Your Home's Radon Level
- From Hollywood to Holy Wood!
- Ann Massaro, Brookfield Native and Brookfield Central High School Graduate, Joins Ameriprise Financial
- Member Companies Provide Support to Home Improvement Show
- The Challenge of Moving from a Home you Love
- Trinity UCC Jazz Worship & Luncheon
- Can social networks improve rates of treatment for HIV?