Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of February 21, 2012
Programs and Events
February 21 – Jill Didier, Economic Development Coordinator for Milwaukee County
February 21 – interclub with Menomonee Falls, see below
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: Dave Eppelsheimer contributed a happy dollar for the gift basket donated to the pancake breakfast by L'Occitan. John Foley was happy about his brief trip to visit children in Austin last week. Gary Knisbeck was happy about a day at the Milwaukee Art Museum with his granddaughters. Kevin Sjostrom was happy about getting through eye surgery. Taylor Poehls paid twice, once for his weekend at the Midwinter convention with Lydia and no children, and once for his Valentine's Day breakfast with Lydia.
Our program was presented by WWHS's We the People team (State champions again!) and their coach, Chad Mateske. They are looking forward to an April trip to DC for the national competition, but they need to raise some money first. We can help by attending an all-you-can-eat brunch at O'Sullivan's Public House, 12525 W. North Ave. Sunday, February 26, 10 AM - 2:30 PM. Call O'Sullivan's at 262-784-1656 for a reservation.
Interclub: Tuesday, February 21, in Menomonee Falls at Trysting Place Pub (Appleton & Good Hope Road) with the preliminary gathering about 5:30 and club meeting at 6:30 PM.
Pancakes: The meeting on February 28 will be a preparation session. Right now we need raffle items of $5 to $10 value. The breakfast is March 4 at WWHS. Eli has tickets and is collecting ticket money. Jason Gonwa will take your order for placemat ads (414-256-5380 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Taylor has the Kindle Fire to be auctioned at the breakfast.
Wine & beer tasting results: The Club donated a Virage styling chair to the Lutheran Home to show our appreciation. You can see a photo at http://www.minervabeauty.com/styling-chairs/virage-styling-chair-black.htm.
New shirts: Ed Ellingson had samples of new Club shirts @ $24. See or e-mail Ed (email@example.com) to give him your size requirements so that you can have your shirt for the pancake breakfast.
Program responsibilities: February 28 – Ken Snyder. March 6 – committee meetings. March 13 – Leah Vukmir.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016
- Summer Reading is Starting Soon
- MCW researchers find “color-correcting glasses” don’t live up to the hype
- YMCA OF GREATER WAUKESHA COUNTY PARTNERS WITH ELMBROOK SCHOOL DISTRICT ON BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM