Elizabeth Janowski, a seventh grader at St. Mary Visitation School in Elm Grove, recently won the CESNA 1 District Spelling Bee. A total of 36 students from nine area Catholic Schools competed in the contest, which took place at Catholic Memorial High School in Waukesha. The spelling bee is affiliated with the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
Elizabeth's district win qualified her to participate in the Regional Spelling Bee, where she placed third out of 21 students representing schools from the southeastern Wisconsin area. That competition was held at Brookfield Academy on February 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB to Hold Free Fall Shredding Events
- Travel Around the World at the 71st Annual Holiday Folk Fair International
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center's Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- St. Robert School Annual Rummage Sale October 3 and 4
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- HMGC designated to run Undiagnosed Disease Network sequencing center
- New parking lot kicks off $1 million in WAUMC capital improvements