Elizabeth Janowski, a seventh grader at St. Mary Visitation School in Elm Grove, recently won the CESNA 1 District Spelling Bee. A total of 36 students from nine area Catholic Schools competed in the contest, which took place at Catholic Memorial High School in Waukesha. The spelling bee is affiliated with the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
Elizabeth's district win qualified her to participate in the Regional Spelling Bee, where she placed third out of 21 students representing schools from the southeastern Wisconsin area. That competition was held at Brookfield Academy on February 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chiropractic care resolves GERD
- The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic Takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- ESPRIT Poms & Dance Team Will Perform in DISNEY in 2015
- Wisconsin Lutheran College announces plans for parking structure
- College announces plans for parking structure
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Support Milwaukee Mayor’s Walking Challenge
- Timely diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges Rogers InHealth unveils new social media resources to help