Elizabeth Janowski, a seventh grader at St. Mary Visitation School in Elm Grove, recently won the CESNA 1 District Spelling Bee. A total of 36 students from nine area Catholic Schools competed in the contest, which took place at Catholic Memorial High School in Waukesha. The spelling bee is affiliated with the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
Elizabeth's district win qualified her to participate in the Regional Spelling Bee, where she placed third out of 21 students representing schools from the southeastern Wisconsin area. That competition was held at Brookfield Academy on February 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Alicia, My Story
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- MCW researchers to study medication to treat traumatic brain injury
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council