Elizabeth Janowski, a seventh grader at St. Mary Visitation School in Elm Grove, recently won the CESNA 1 District Spelling Bee. A total of 36 students from nine area Catholic Schools competed in the contest, which took place at Catholic Memorial High School in Waukesha. The spelling bee is affiliated with the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
Elizabeth's district win qualified her to participate in the Regional Spelling Bee, where she placed third out of 21 students representing schools from the southeastern Wisconsin area. That competition was held at Brookfield Academy on February 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Academic Scholarship Availability
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- Hart Park Square celebrates 10th Anniversary
- Milwaukee Backgammon Meetup