Elizabeth Janowski, a seventh grader at St. Mary Visitation School in Elm Grove, recently won the CESNA 1 District Spelling Bee. A total of 36 students from nine area Catholic Schools competed in the contest, which took place at Catholic Memorial High School in Waukesha. The spelling bee is affiliated with the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
Elizabeth's district win qualified her to participate in the Regional Spelling Bee, where she placed third out of 21 students representing schools from the southeastern Wisconsin area. That competition was held at Brookfield Academy on February 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Rookie Cigar Smoker: Here’s How NOT to Look Like One
- Journey with Jesus, Easter for Kids
- The Woodworker's Gym, a Public-access Woodworking Shop Open in Brookfield
- Elder Eric Scott Dougherty Returns Home
- Paul Mitchell the School Milwaukee Takes Part in National Open House Night
- Alverno Presents Okwui Okpokwasili: Bronx Gothic
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager