Elizabeth Janowski, a seventh grader at St. Mary Visitation School in Elm Grove, recently won the CESNA 1 District Spelling Bee. A total of 36 students from nine area Catholic Schools competed in the contest, which took place at Catholic Memorial High School in Waukesha. The spelling bee is affiliated with the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
Elizabeth's district win qualified her to participate in the Regional Spelling Bee, where she placed third out of 21 students representing schools from the southeastern Wisconsin area. That competition was held at Brookfield Academy on February 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Free Admission to Christmas Silver Tea & Christmas Cookie Sale
- Giving Tuesday: BBB Advises Checking Charities Out Before Making Year-End Gifts
- Tree lighting ceremony to take place at Luther Manor
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Little Library Creator Writes Novel
- Wauwatosa Actress Performs in Acacia Theatre’s “Advent of Redemption"
- Martin's 'Morning Star' focus of WAUMC Christmas cantata
- Lutheran A Cappella Choir to Present Christmas Concerts