Tax-Aide, a free AARP program that has helped more than 36 million people file their tax returns over the past 40 years, will begin assisting Milwaukee County residents with their 2011 tax returns on Wednesday, Feb. 1.
Last year, AARP Tax-Aide volunteers helped more than 4,000 Milwaukee County residents file their tax returns, according to Gerald Luettgen, coordinator of the Tax-Aide program for Milwaukee County. The free service will once again be available from Feb. 1 through April 17.
Multiple Tax-Aide sites will be set up throughout Milwaukee County. For more information about Tax-Aide locations and hours, visit www.aarp.org/taxaide or call 1-888-227-7669.
“Tax-Aide is AARP’s largest nationwide volunteer run program. We help more than 60,000 people in Wisconsin every year, and look forward to assisting Milwaukee County taxpayers again this year,” said Mariann Muzzi, Community Outreach Director for AARP Wisconsin. “It extremely important for people to complete their tax returns accurately and on time.”
Tax-Aide is a free, confidential and quality service supported by people in local communities across the nation. It is available to middle and low income taxpayers of all ages with special attention to those age 60 and older. The program is operated by local volunteers who are IRS certified and trained to assist in filing basic tax forms.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- National Farmer's Market Week!!!
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Disney World
- Storytimes at Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt and Goodies
- Win at the Wisconsin State Fair with a #SnapdragonSelfie!
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show to Feature Clothing, Home Improvement Products
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show Scheduled
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night