Tax-Aide, a free AARP program that has helped more than 36 million people file their tax returns over the past 40 years, will begin assisting Milwaukee County residents with their 2011 tax returns on Wednesday, Feb. 1.
Last year, AARP Tax-Aide volunteers helped more than 4,000 Milwaukee County residents file their tax returns, according to Gerald Luettgen, coordinator of the Tax-Aide program for Milwaukee County. The free service will once again be available from Feb. 1 through April 17.
Multiple Tax-Aide sites will be set up throughout Milwaukee County. For more information about Tax-Aide locations and hours, visit www.aarp.org/taxaide or call 1-888-227-7669.
“Tax-Aide is AARP’s largest nationwide volunteer run program. We help more than 60,000 people in Wisconsin every year, and look forward to assisting Milwaukee County taxpayers again this year,” said Mariann Muzzi, Community Outreach Director for AARP Wisconsin. “It extremely important for people to complete their tax returns accurately and on time.”
Tax-Aide is a free, confidential and quality service supported by people in local communities across the nation. It is available to middle and low income taxpayers of all ages with special attention to those age 60 and older. The program is operated by local volunteers who are IRS certified and trained to assist in filing basic tax forms.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Wauwatosa West Dance Team wins Regionals
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award