Tax-Aide, a free AARP program that has helped more than 36 million people file their tax returns over the past 40 years, will begin assisting Milwaukee County residents with their 2011 tax returns on Wednesday, Feb. 1.
Last year, AARP Tax-Aide volunteers helped more than 4,000 Milwaukee County residents file their tax returns, according to Gerald Luettgen, coordinator of the Tax-Aide program for Milwaukee County. The free service will once again be available from Feb. 1 through April 17.
Multiple Tax-Aide sites will be set up throughout Milwaukee County. For more information about Tax-Aide locations and hours, visit www.aarp.org/taxaide or call 1-888-227-7669.
“Tax-Aide is AARP’s largest nationwide volunteer run program. We help more than 60,000 people in Wisconsin every year, and look forward to assisting Milwaukee County taxpayers again this year,” said Mariann Muzzi, Community Outreach Director for AARP Wisconsin. “It extremely important for people to complete their tax returns accurately and on time.”
Tax-Aide is a free, confidential and quality service supported by people in local communities across the nation. It is available to middle and low income taxpayers of all ages with special attention to those age 60 and older. The program is operated by local volunteers who are IRS certified and trained to assist in filing basic tax forms.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisonsin Panthers Basketball
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, due to exceptional success
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015
- ESPRIT POMS & DANCE TEAM Will Perform in DISNEY in 2016
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin