Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial, located at 19333 W. North Avenue in Brookfield and the Bariatric Institute of Wisconsin have been recertified for the third time as a bariatric surgery “Center of Excellence” by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery, the world’s largest society dedicated to bariatric specialty.
The ASBS created the “Center of Excellence” title in order to recognize those hospitals and bariatric centers that reach the highest levels of performance. The recognition is based on Elmbrook Memorial’s superior surgical outcomes.
Bariatric patients tend to present higher surgical risks due to their excess weight. In addition, hospital equipment, instruments and furniture must be specially made in order to deal with morbidly obese patients. This makes bariatric surgery a challenging task and makes pointing out the most successful programs more important.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Save Our Neighborhoods
- Froedtert Hospital Foundation Names Board Chair
- Work At Home Scam Targets College Students
- January is Radon Action Month--Know Your Home's Radon Level
- From Hollywood to Holy Wood!
- Ann Massaro, Brookfield Native and Brookfield Central High School Graduate, Joins Ameriprise Financial
- Member Companies Provide Support to Home Improvement Show
- The Challenge of Moving from a Home you Love
- Trinity UCC Jazz Worship & Luncheon
- Can social networks improve rates of treatment for HIV?