Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial, located at 19333 W. North Avenue in Brookfield and the Bariatric Institute of Wisconsin have been recertified for the third time as a bariatric surgery “Center of Excellence” by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery, the world’s largest society dedicated to bariatric specialty.
The ASBS created the “Center of Excellence” title in order to recognize those hospitals and bariatric centers that reach the highest levels of performance. The recognition is based on Elmbrook Memorial’s superior surgical outcomes.
Bariatric patients tend to present higher surgical risks due to their excess weight. In addition, hospital equipment, instruments and furniture must be specially made in order to deal with morbidly obese patients. This makes bariatric surgery a challenging task and makes pointing out the most successful programs more important.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study