Transportation enthusiasts will delight in a new art exhibition featuring trains, planes and automobiles at Unitarian Universalist Church West (UUCW). Works are being exhibited in their Community Room Art Gallery and may be seen throughout the month of January between and after services on Sundays, or by arrangement made by calling the church office, 262 782-3535.
Featured works include bas-relief sculptures and acrylic paintings by Waukesha-based automotive artist, Sal Erato. Erato’s sculptures are 3-D snapshots of great moments in auto racing history. One of the acrylic paintings is autographed by Emmerson Fittipaldi.
Local artist, James Plymale presents his beautifully detailed acrylic paintings of classic cars including the Alfa Romeo and Bugatti Type 57 SC.
Larry Vande Zande’s and Bob Lirette’s subjects include classic cars, Lionel classic trains and airplanes.
Plymale and Vande Zande are members of the Wauwatosa Artist’s Workshop.
There will be a reception for the artists at the gallery on Thursday, January 12, at 7:00pm. The artists will be in attendance to answer any questions. Refreshments will be served. Help support our local artists by purchasing original art for your home or office.
UUCW is located at 13001 W. North Ave, Brookfield and is handicap accessible.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in June!
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse