Brookfield, Wis. – Attorney Latrice M. Milton has opened Milton Family Law, a new firm dedicated to representing women in all phases of divorce and helping them transition to new lives after the legal proceedings.
Milton, a Brookfield native and University of Wisconsin Law School graduate, brings a strong professional and personal passion for upholding the dignity of women and the integrity of families. Besides her legal background, Milton’s experience includes advocating for women in public policy, law enforcement and volunteer organizational leadership.
“The mission of Milton Family Law is to protect a woman’s divorce rights while helping them shape a new future,” Milton said. “This holistic approach acknowledges that, while the legal process is extremely important, women need other types of support both during and after divorce to rebuild their lives.”
Milton’s law practice covers all aspects of divorce, including child custody and support, spousal maintenance and property division. She also counsels clients on prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, grandparents’ rights, and adoption and guardianship. Her office maintains close relationships with professional counselors to help women prepare for post-divorce life.
“I look forward to making a positive difference in the lives of women and their families in Brookfield and beyond,” Milton said. “For me, there is no mission more important.”
Milton is a board member at The Women’s Center Inc. in Waukesha. Prior to opening Milton Family Law, she served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s office. She prosecuted many cases involving domestic violence and worked to protect victims of domestic abuse.
Milton researched and advocated for new laws to benefit women and children as a legal assistant with the Ohio Senate Minority Caucus. During her three years working in Columbus, Ohio, she served on the boards of two organizations working to strengthen families and reduce youth violence. Milton holds a B.A. in behavioral science and law/psychology from UW-Madison.
Milton Family Law is at 200 S. Executive Drive, Suite 101. Its web site is www.womensdivorcerights.com, and Latrice Milton offers insight on a variety of topics at www.youtube.com/user/MiltonFamilyLaw. The firm also has a Madison office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $158,000 to combat sex trafficking among youth
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- COMEDY, COMEDY, AND MO’ COMEDY!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22