Brookfield, Wis. – Attorney Latrice M. Milton has opened Milton Family Law, a new firm dedicated to representing women in all phases of divorce and helping them transition to new lives after the legal proceedings.
Milton, a Brookfield native and University of Wisconsin Law School graduate, brings a strong professional and personal passion for upholding the dignity of women and the integrity of families. Besides her legal background, Milton’s experience includes advocating for women in public policy, law enforcement and volunteer organizational leadership.
“The mission of Milton Family Law is to protect a woman’s divorce rights while helping them shape a new future,” Milton said. “This holistic approach acknowledges that, while the legal process is extremely important, women need other types of support both during and after divorce to rebuild their lives.”
Milton’s law practice covers all aspects of divorce, including child custody and support, spousal maintenance and property division. She also counsels clients on prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, grandparents’ rights, and adoption and guardianship. Her office maintains close relationships with professional counselors to help women prepare for post-divorce life.
“I look forward to making a positive difference in the lives of women and their families in Brookfield and beyond,” Milton said. “For me, there is no mission more important.”
Milton is a board member at The Women’s Center Inc. in Waukesha. Prior to opening Milton Family Law, she served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s office. She prosecuted many cases involving domestic violence and worked to protect victims of domestic abuse.
Milton researched and advocated for new laws to benefit women and children as a legal assistant with the Ohio Senate Minority Caucus. During her three years working in Columbus, Ohio, she served on the boards of two organizations working to strengthen families and reduce youth violence. Milton holds a B.A. in behavioral science and law/psychology from UW-Madison.
Milton Family Law is at 200 S. Executive Drive, Suite 101. Its web site is www.womensdivorcerights.com, and Latrice Milton offers insight on a variety of topics at www.youtube.com/user/MiltonFamilyLaw. The firm also has a Madison office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- WAUMC children, youth to share 'The Case of the Reluctant Innkeeper'
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2013 – Nominations Being Accepted
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients
- Master Singers Bring the Joy of the Season
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- Jason Kofroth Announces Candidacy for Wauwatosa's 7th District Aldermanic Seat
- Don’t Get A Holiday Dish Served Cold – Hire The Right Catering Service
- Christopher Noble, of Wauwatosa, Joins R.A. Smith National as Controller