Sing Along and Find Holiday Spirit at Festival City Symphony's Free Holiday "Pajama Jamboree"
Festival City Symphony (FCS) will continue its season with a free Holiday Pajama Jamboree concert on Wednesday, November 30, 2011, at 7:00 p.m. in the Bradley Pavilion of the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, 123 E. State Street entrance.
The concert will feature holiday favorites culminating in an audience sing along. FCS welcomes guest performers Vocal Arts Academy of Milwaukee’s Apprentice Level Choir. This group of third to sixth grade singers is conducted by Charyl Granatella. Those who wish may bring a nonperishable food donation for Milwaukee’s Hunger Task Force.
All “Pajama Jamboree” concerts have free admission. Hosted by Education Director Jayne Perkins, these popular programs welcome children and their parents or grandparents to attend in casual dress or pajamas, with favorite blankets and teddy bears, to “meet” the orchestra.
Milwaukee’s Festival City Symphony, the oldest performing symphony orchestra in the area, showcases area professional musicians. Its mission is to extend the reach of classical music in the community with reasonable pricing and informative formats that embrace people of all ages. For more information, visit festivalcitysymphony.org or call 414-963-9067.
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo