Medical College's Bone Marrow Transplant Programs at Children's Hospital and Froedtert Re-Accredited
The Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) has awarded a three-year re-accreditation to The Medical College of Wisconsin’s Blood and Marrow Transplant (BMT) program for pediatric and adult autologous and allogeneic transplantation at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and Froedtert Hospital.
The blood stem cell collection program and cellular therapy product processing program, performed by BloodCenter of Wisconsin and the Froedtert & the Medical College cellular processing facility respectively, were also re-accredited.
The Medical College BMT program is a combined effort of the Medical College, Children’s Hospital, Froedtert Hospital, and BloodCenter and has been continuously accredited by FACT since 2001.
“Our continuous re-accreditation over the last decade is a testament to the dedication and commitment of our teams at each institution who contribute to our world-class transplant program,” said David Margolis, M.D, professor of pediatrics at the Medical College, and program director for the Medical College BMT Program at Children’s Hospital. “Our program provides outstanding patient care, enabled by the combining the expertise and resources of the four institutions.”
Accredited facilities have met rigorous standards, as defined by the leading experts in the field, including the latest knowledge in the field of stem cell transplant, and in compliance with governmental regulations.
To achieve accreditation, institutions submit documentation and are then visited on-site for inspections of all clinical care, bone marrow and peripheral blood cellular therapy product collection, and cellular product processing facilities.
Accredited facilities in the U.S. and Canada are listed on the FACT Web Site at www.factwebsite.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients
- Master Singers Bring the Joy of the Season
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- Jason Kofroth Announces Candidacy for Wauwatosa's 7th District Aldermanic Seat
- Don’t Get A Holiday Dish Served Cold – Hire The Right Catering Service
- Christopher Noble, of Wauwatosa, Joins R.A. Smith National as Controller
- Dr. Matthew Hunsaker Named Campus Dean for Medical College of Wisconsin–Green Bay
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success