Robert Hillestad, a studio artist and design educator, will speak at a special event at Mount Mary College on Friday, October 21, 2011. The event begins at 5:15 p.m. with a wine and appetizer reception and will be followed by Hillestad’s presentation, “Abstract Expressionism in Textile Art” at 6:00 p.m.
The event is part of the Art in Fashion series sponsored by the Advisory Board of Mount Mary College’s Historic Costume Collection and the Friends of Fashion.
Hillestad, a Wisconsin native, works with fiber and fabric to create form and surface design using a wide range of traditional and non-traditional techniques. His art work has been shown in more than 150 juried and invitational exhibitions in the U.S. and abroad and is represented in numerous private, corporate, and museum collections.
The event will take place in Stiemke Hall, located on the second floor of Notre Dame Hall on Mount Mary’s campus. Admission is $40 for Friends of Fashion members and $50 for non-members. Tables for six may also be purchased. Ample, free parking is available.
To RSVP, contact Eliza Audley at (262) 691-4770 or at ElizaAudley@gmail.com.
More information on the event and Friends of Fashion can be found at http://www.mtmary.edu/fash_friends.htm. More information on the Historic Costume Collection can be found at http://www.mtmary.edu/fash_friends.htm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- St. Margaret Mary School to Donate 13,200 Pounds of Food
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event
- YOUNG WAUWATOSA RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Honors Barry Mandel With the “Building Milwaukee” Award
- Local Businesses Collect, Deliver More than 4,000 Pounds of Food to New Berlin Food Pantry
- TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN BUYING A HOME