John Routes, M.D., professor of pediatrics at the Medical College of Wisconsin, has been appointed co-director of the Clinical and Translational Science Institute of Southeast Wisconsin (CTSI). The CTSI is a consortium of eight academic and health care members dedicated to transforming the biomedical research enterprise in southeast Wisconsin to advance patient care and education through collaboration. The CTSI was established in 2010 with a $20 million grant award from the National Institutes of Health. In his new role, Dr. Routes will represent Children's Hospital of Wisconsin on the CTSI executive committee.
Dr. Routes is a professor of pediatric allergy and immunology, medicine, microbiology and molecular genetics, and is the section chief of allergy and immunology at the Medical College. He is also the medical director of allergy and immunology at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
An accomplished researcher, Dr. Routes has a special interest in pulmonary complications associated with primary immunodeficiency. He is currently conducting research, at Children's Research Institute aimed at devising novel additions to conventional newborn screening protocols to diagnose infants with primary immunodeficiencies.
"Dr. Routes' work exemplifies the necessity and benefit of translating basic research into clinically significant care, which is a primary function of the CTSI. He will make an excellent addition to the executive team," said Reza Shaker, M.D., Senior Associate Dean for Clinical and Translational Research and the Joseph E. Geenen Professor in Gastroenterology at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
The eight member organizations of the CTSI are the Medical College of Wisconsin, Marquette University, the Milwaukee School of Engineering, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, the BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Froedtert Hospital and the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- College seeking third-party comments for HLC accreditation
- You are invited to Esprit Poms' Pizzeria Piccola fundraiser - December 28th, 2014, 4-9pm
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS