John Routes, M.D., professor of pediatrics at the Medical College of Wisconsin, has been appointed co-director of the Clinical and Translational Science Institute of Southeast Wisconsin (CTSI). The CTSI is a consortium of eight academic and health care members dedicated to transforming the biomedical research enterprise in southeast Wisconsin to advance patient care and education through collaboration. The CTSI was established in 2010 with a $20 million grant award from the National Institutes of Health. In his new role, Dr. Routes will represent Children's Hospital of Wisconsin on the CTSI executive committee.
Dr. Routes is a professor of pediatric allergy and immunology, medicine, microbiology and molecular genetics, and is the section chief of allergy and immunology at the Medical College. He is also the medical director of allergy and immunology at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
An accomplished researcher, Dr. Routes has a special interest in pulmonary complications associated with primary immunodeficiency. He is currently conducting research, at Children's Research Institute aimed at devising novel additions to conventional newborn screening protocols to diagnose infants with primary immunodeficiencies.
"Dr. Routes' work exemplifies the necessity and benefit of translating basic research into clinically significant care, which is a primary function of the CTSI. He will make an excellent addition to the executive team," said Reza Shaker, M.D., Senior Associate Dean for Clinical and Translational Research and the Joseph E. Geenen Professor in Gastroenterology at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
The eight member organizations of the CTSI are the Medical College of Wisconsin, Marquette University, the Milwaukee School of Engineering, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, the BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Froedtert Hospital and the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- St. Margaret Mary School to Donate 13,200 Pounds of Food
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event
- YOUNG WAUWATOSA RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Honors Barry Mandel With the “Building Milwaukee” Award
- Local Businesses Collect, Deliver More than 4,000 Pounds of Food to New Berlin Food Pantry
- TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN BUYING A HOME