John Routes, M.D., professor of pediatrics at the Medical College of Wisconsin, has been appointed co-director of the Clinical and Translational Science Institute of Southeast Wisconsin (CTSI). The CTSI is a consortium of eight academic and health care members dedicated to transforming the biomedical research enterprise in southeast Wisconsin to advance patient care and education through collaboration. The CTSI was established in 2010 with a $20 million grant award from the National Institutes of Health. In his new role, Dr. Routes will represent Children's Hospital of Wisconsin on the CTSI executive committee.
Dr. Routes is a professor of pediatric allergy and immunology, medicine, microbiology and molecular genetics, and is the section chief of allergy and immunology at the Medical College. He is also the medical director of allergy and immunology at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
An accomplished researcher, Dr. Routes has a special interest in pulmonary complications associated with primary immunodeficiency. He is currently conducting research, at Children's Research Institute aimed at devising novel additions to conventional newborn screening protocols to diagnose infants with primary immunodeficiencies.
"Dr. Routes' work exemplifies the necessity and benefit of translating basic research into clinically significant care, which is a primary function of the CTSI. He will make an excellent addition to the executive team," said Reza Shaker, M.D., Senior Associate Dean for Clinical and Translational Research and the Joseph E. Geenen Professor in Gastroenterology at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
The eight member organizations of the CTSI are the Medical College of Wisconsin, Marquette University, the Milwaukee School of Engineering, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, the BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Froedtert Hospital and the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Catholic Singles Memorial Day Picnic
- Milwaukee/NARI Tour Of Remodeled Homes Partners With The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County
- Knapp Chiropractic raises money for Safe Babies Healthy Families at third anniversary event
- FREE to the Public - Outdoor Workouts at Anytime Falls
- Lutheran Home Hires Wolkomir as Social Services Director
- Wauwatosa East's first EcoFair
- Director of NIH National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute to visit MCW
- Imaging the windows to the soul: eye researchers pursue “audacious” goal
- Two Delafield Homes on 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes to Feature Three Wauwatosa Area Projects