John Routes, M.D., professor of pediatrics at the Medical College of Wisconsin, has been appointed co-director of the Clinical and Translational Science Institute of Southeast Wisconsin (CTSI). The CTSI is a consortium of eight academic and health care members dedicated to transforming the biomedical research enterprise in southeast Wisconsin to advance patient care and education through collaboration. The CTSI was established in 2010 with a $20 million grant award from the National Institutes of Health. In his new role, Dr. Routes will represent Children's Hospital of Wisconsin on the CTSI executive committee.
Dr. Routes is a professor of pediatric allergy and immunology, medicine, microbiology and molecular genetics, and is the section chief of allergy and immunology at the Medical College. He is also the medical director of allergy and immunology at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
An accomplished researcher, Dr. Routes has a special interest in pulmonary complications associated with primary immunodeficiency. He is currently conducting research, at Children's Research Institute aimed at devising novel additions to conventional newborn screening protocols to diagnose infants with primary immunodeficiencies.
"Dr. Routes' work exemplifies the necessity and benefit of translating basic research into clinically significant care, which is a primary function of the CTSI. He will make an excellent addition to the executive team," said Reza Shaker, M.D., Senior Associate Dean for Clinical and Translational Research and the Joseph E. Geenen Professor in Gastroenterology at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
The eight member organizations of the CTSI are the Medical College of Wisconsin, Marquette University, the Milwaukee School of Engineering, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, the BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Froedtert Hospital and the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, due to exceptional success
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015
- ESPRIT POMS & DANCE TEAM Will Perform in DISNEY in 2016
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances