Unable to attend the 101st Annual Meeting of the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee, this year Bayview's Mary Pat Connell (pictured) was presented with a gold 50-Year Pin at the Club's 102nd Annual Meeting held September 25th, 2011, at Cardinal Stritch University. Well remembered for her many MacDowell Club performances and starring roles at the Skylight Opera, she spoke fondly of the encouragement, friendships, and countless performance opportunities she was afforded by the Club throughout her long career.
The event heralded the 2011-2012 season of free concerts by performing members of the Club to which the public is most cordially invited.
Opening the series at 10:30 Friday morning, October 21st, is a program featuring Women Composers being held at the Woman's Club of Wisconsin, 813 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee.
Performing are pianists Wallace Cheatham and
S. Marion Verhaalen (Milwaukee); Suzanne Lent and Suzanne Pajunen (Wauwatosa); flutists Ana Gerlach (Bayview) and Linda Hartig (Waukesha);
oboist Judith Smeiska (Oconomowoc); clarinetist
Gail Hodkiewicz (Hales Corners); mezzo-soprani
Kay Belich (West Allis) and Donna Shriner (Shorewood); accompanied by Carla Coonan (Bayside) and S. Verhaalen, respectively.
Musicians interested in Club membership should contact Bayview's Sheri Masiakowski at 414-403-1046 or visit macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability