Unable to attend the 101st Annual Meeting of the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee, this year Bayview's Mary Pat Connell (pictured) was presented with a gold 50-Year Pin at the Club's 102nd Annual Meeting held September 25th, 2011, at Cardinal Stritch University. Well remembered for her many MacDowell Club performances and starring roles at the Skylight Opera, she spoke fondly of the encouragement, friendships, and countless performance opportunities she was afforded by the Club throughout her long career.
The event heralded the 2011-2012 season of free concerts by performing members of the Club to which the public is most cordially invited.
Opening the series at 10:30 Friday morning, October 21st, is a program featuring Women Composers being held at the Woman's Club of Wisconsin, 813 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee.
Performing are pianists Wallace Cheatham and
S. Marion Verhaalen (Milwaukee); Suzanne Lent and Suzanne Pajunen (Wauwatosa); flutists Ana Gerlach (Bayview) and Linda Hartig (Waukesha);
oboist Judith Smeiska (Oconomowoc); clarinetist
Gail Hodkiewicz (Hales Corners); mezzo-soprani
Kay Belich (West Allis) and Donna Shriner (Shorewood); accompanied by Carla Coonan (Bayside) and S. Verhaalen, respectively.
Musicians interested in Club membership should contact Bayview's Sheri Masiakowski at 414-403-1046 or visit macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military