Thomas C. Chelimsky, M.D., has been named the new chairman and professor of neurology at The Medical College of Wisconsin. Dr. Chelimsky comes to the Medical College from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland, where he is a professor of neurology, anesthesiology and pediatrics
An accomplished clinician and researcher, Dr. Chelimsky received his B.S. from Harvard University and his M.D. from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. He completed residencies in internal medicine and neurology, as well a fellowship in autonomic research, at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. Dr. Chelimsky has twice served as director of the University Hospitals of Cleveland Pain Center.
Dr. Chelimsky’s research focuses on autonomic disorders and management of chronic pain, and he is currently researching genetic links across a series of 12 autonomic and pain disorders including migraine headaches, fibromyalgia, and irritable bowel syndrome. He has published dozens of articles and has made 25 scientific and clinical presentations to regional and national colleagues.
“Dr. Chelimsky is a highly experienced teacher, mentor, clinician and researcher,” said Joseph E. Kerschner, M.D., interim dean and executive vice president of the Medical College. “We are glad he will be able to continue that work as a member of our faculty.”
Dr. Chelimsky will see patients at Froedtert and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. His appointment is effective December 15, 2011.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Announcing Wisconsin Massage Clinic Open House
- BBB's 10 Tips for Safe Online Shopping On Cyber Monday
- IndependenceFirst Milwaukee Heat “Big Cheese Classic” wheelchair basketball tourney
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- St. Margaret Mary School to Donate 13,200 Pounds of Food
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event
- YOUNG WAUWATOSA RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday