the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee (the Y) and St. Pius X Parish of Wauwatosa announced a partnership that will establish the West Suburban YMCA Program Center in the former St. Pius X Grade School building located at 2506 N. Wauwatosa Ave. in Wauwatosa.
Through the 36 month partnership, the Y will utilize the gymnasium and select classrooms at St. Pius X to provide youth, adults and families greater access to high quality programming that will serve the needs of a growing community.
Classes and programs will begin at the West Suburban YMCA Program Center on Monday, October 17 and will run on week day evenings and Saturday mornings.
Y offerings will include teen basketball, adult volleyball, adult dodgeball, various group exercise classes, Yoga, preschool enrichment program and Childwatch, an on-site child care program for children – ages six weeks through 10 years – whose parents are participating in classes and programs within the center. All classes will be available to Y members as well as participants from the greater community.
“We are delighted to embrace this partnership with St. Pius X. The West Suburban YMCA Program Center will allow us to extend our ability to positively impact this wonderful community,” said Bob Yamachika, president and CEO of the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee.
“This is a great collaboration with a cause-driven organization that is for youth development, for healthy living and for social responsibility,” said Rev. Robert Marsicek, SDS, Pastor of St. Pius X Parish. “Very much in line with the views of our parishioners, the Y believes that a strong community can only be achieved when we invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. I look forward to seeing our gym and classrooms once again filled with enthusiasm and energy.”
For more information on class schedules or to register for classes at the West Suburban YMCA Progam Center please go online to www.ymcamke.org, visit the West Suburban YMCA Program Center on the St. Pius X campus or the West Suburban YMCA located at 2420 N. 124th Street in Wauwatosa.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder