“Get Your Rear in Gear” Run/Walk to Raise Awareness and Funds for Colon Cancer Prevention and Research
The first annual “Get Your Rear in Gear” 5K run and walk will be held on Saturday, October 15th at Hart Park in Wauwatosa. The event supports Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin’s programs for research, awareness, prevention and screening for colon cancer. The second-leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States, colon cancer claims more than 50,000 lives every year.
The “Get Your Rear in Gear” event begins at 8:15am with a kids’ fun run, followed by a timed, 5K run at 8:30am and a 5K walk immediately after. The course winds through the scenic Honey Creek Parkway and through a historic Wauwatosa neighborhood.
Register online or in person before October 11th. The cost is $20 for adults and $10 for children. Registration after the 11th is $25 for adults and $10 for children, and you can register in person at the race. Team registration is encouraged for companies, schools and organizations with ten or more participants.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is the presenting partner of “Get Your Rear in Gear.” Other sponsors include Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin, Shorehaven Behavioral Health, Coca-Cola, Bell Ambulance, Milwaukee County Parks, Madison Medical and BlueSky Photography.
For more information or to volunteer for the race, contact Lynn Fischer at 805-1690 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Online registration is available at http://www.getyourrearingear.com/events/list/2011/milwaukee-wi
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids