“Get Your Rear in Gear” Run/Walk to Raise Awareness and Funds for Colon Cancer Prevention and Research
The first annual “Get Your Rear in Gear” 5K run and walk will be held on Saturday, October 15th at Hart Park in Wauwatosa. The event supports Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin’s programs for research, awareness, prevention and screening for colon cancer. The second-leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States, colon cancer claims more than 50,000 lives every year.
The “Get Your Rear in Gear” event begins at 8:15am with a kids’ fun run, followed by a timed, 5K run at 8:30am and a 5K walk immediately after. The course winds through the scenic Honey Creek Parkway and through a historic Wauwatosa neighborhood.
Register online or in person before October 11th. The cost is $20 for adults and $10 for children. Registration after the 11th is $25 for adults and $10 for children, and you can register in person at the race. Team registration is encouraged for companies, schools and organizations with ten or more participants.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is the presenting partner of “Get Your Rear in Gear.” Other sponsors include Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin, Shorehaven Behavioral Health, Coca-Cola, Bell Ambulance, Milwaukee County Parks, Madison Medical and BlueSky Photography.
For more information or to volunteer for the race, contact Lynn Fischer at 805-1690 or email@example.com. Online registration is available at http://www.getyourrearingear.com/events/list/2011/milwaukee-wi
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa ESPRIT POMS (Seniors) and ESPRIT POMS (Juniors) Earn First Place and Second Places Honors at Badger State Pom Competition in Madison, WI
- FREE Parent/Child YOGA at Authentic Birth Center • Wellness Collective
- Science Students Learn with Depth and Complexity
- St. Matthew's Lutheran Church to Present Christmas Concert
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Explain How Technology in Faucets and Showerheads Expand Consumer Options
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Edward Zapencki Continued to Collect Money From Businesses for Fun Maps He Didn’t Deliver
- WAUMC children, youth to share 'The Case of the Reluctant Innkeeper'
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2013 – Nominations Being Accepted
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients