Greendale's Sheri Masiakowski (pictured) chaired the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's 2011 New Member Concert held at the Greendale Community Church Sunday afternoon, August 7th.
Making their MacDowell Club debuts were pianist Michelle Jayeun Kwon (Bay View); cellist Michelle Venturella (Kenosha); organist Michael Batcho (Germantown); and soprani Nancy Anne Davis (Kenosha); Heidi Boyd and Sarah Butler both of Milwaukee). Guest pianist J. J. Anshus accompanied the latter.
The program included settings of three Shakespeare sonnets, works of Milwaukee composer Joel K. Boyd, the latter of which was given its world premiere performed by his wife, Heidi, with Ms. Kwon at the keyboard.
The next auditions for the Club's Performing Memberships will be held Saturday, January 7th, 2012, at Cardinal Stritch University. For an
application or requirements call 414-403-1046 or visit macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers
- Corporate Chair Massage Program - It's Essential!
- Halloween Safety Tips
- Dr. Kiran K. Turaga named Sharon K. Wadina Endowed Professor in Sarcoma Research
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: October schedule
- Happy 10th Anniversary Hart Park Square!
- MCW announces Critical Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $250,000 to assess health impact of Eau Claire community planning
- Seniors can learn tips for downsizing in free presentation Oct. 6
- MCW awarded $2.7 million grant to advance the understanding and measurement of outcomes in children with chronic disease