Greendale's Sheri Masiakowski (pictured) chaired the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's 2011 New Member Concert held at the Greendale Community Church Sunday afternoon, August 7th.
Making their MacDowell Club debuts were pianist Michelle Jayeun Kwon (Bay View); cellist Michelle Venturella (Kenosha); organist Michael Batcho (Germantown); and soprani Nancy Anne Davis (Kenosha); Heidi Boyd and Sarah Butler both of Milwaukee). Guest pianist J. J. Anshus accompanied the latter.
The program included settings of three Shakespeare sonnets, works of Milwaukee composer Joel K. Boyd, the latter of which was given its world premiere performed by his wife, Heidi, with Ms. Kwon at the keyboard.
The next auditions for the Club's Performing Memberships will be held Saturday, January 7th, 2012, at Cardinal Stritch University. For an
application or requirements call 414-403-1046 or visit macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Village of Pleasant Prairie Park & Ride Lot Named “Project of the Year” by the American Public Works Association