Greendale's Sheri Masiakowski (pictured) chaired the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's 2011 New Member Concert held at the Greendale Community Church Sunday afternoon, August 7th.
Making their MacDowell Club debuts were pianist Michelle Jayeun Kwon (Bay View); cellist Michelle Venturella (Kenosha); organist Michael Batcho (Germantown); and soprani Nancy Anne Davis (Kenosha); Heidi Boyd and Sarah Butler both of Milwaukee). Guest pianist J. J. Anshus accompanied the latter.
The program included settings of three Shakespeare sonnets, works of Milwaukee composer Joel K. Boyd, the latter of which was given its world premiere performed by his wife, Heidi, with Ms. Kwon at the keyboard.
The next auditions for the Club's Performing Memberships will be held Saturday, January 7th, 2012, at Cardinal Stritch University. For an
application or requirements call 414-403-1046 or visit macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- Columbia St. Mary's Gateway Medical Clinic Unveils New CT Scanner
- MCW seeks participants for kidney research
- Artist and Display's Final Art Class