Greendale's Sheri Masiakowski (pictured) chaired the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's 2011 New Member Concert held at the Greendale Community Church Sunday afternoon, August 7th.
Making their MacDowell Club debuts were pianist Michelle Jayeun Kwon (Bay View); cellist Michelle Venturella (Kenosha); organist Michael Batcho (Germantown); and soprani Nancy Anne Davis (Kenosha); Heidi Boyd and Sarah Butler both of Milwaukee). Guest pianist J. J. Anshus accompanied the latter.
The program included settings of three Shakespeare sonnets, works of Milwaukee composer Joel K. Boyd, the latter of which was given its world premiere performed by his wife, Heidi, with Ms. Kwon at the keyboard.
The next auditions for the Club's Performing Memberships will be held Saturday, January 7th, 2012, at Cardinal Stritch University. For an
application or requirements call 414-403-1046 or visit macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Scientist to investigate potential new targets to inhibit cancer growth
- Dental Associates’ Wauwatosa Clinic Continues to Serve Patients
- Son of Tosa Couple Takes Solemn Vows as Capuchin Friar
- Governor Recognizes Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Outsourcing Payroll and HR: The Payroll Company Advantage
- West Allis Central Class of 1979 Reunion
- BBB Tips for Summer Fair Purchases
- Lose Your Job? Your Blueprint to Recovery: Top 10 Things To Do NOW!
- Dental Associates Opens Downtown Clinic in Iron Block Building
- National Farmer's Market Week!!!