Greendale's Sheri Masiakowski (pictured) chaired the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's 2011 New Member Concert held at the Greendale Community Church Sunday afternoon, August 7th.
Making their MacDowell Club debuts were pianist Michelle Jayeun Kwon (Bay View); cellist Michelle Venturella (Kenosha); organist Michael Batcho (Germantown); and soprani Nancy Anne Davis (Kenosha); Heidi Boyd and Sarah Butler both of Milwaukee). Guest pianist J. J. Anshus accompanied the latter.
The program included settings of three Shakespeare sonnets, works of Milwaukee composer Joel K. Boyd, the latter of which was given its world premiere performed by his wife, Heidi, with Ms. Kwon at the keyboard.
The next auditions for the Club's Performing Memberships will be held Saturday, January 7th, 2012, at Cardinal Stritch University. For an
application or requirements call 414-403-1046 or visit macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military